Author Topic: Discogs Tagger  (Read 107850 times)

sew3521

I am unable to get MusicBee to open a browser to Discogs in order to retrieve a PIN.  MusicBee will open a dialog box if I go to preferences,Plugins,discogs,configure but since a website is not launching I am unable to retrieve a PIN.
I have an account with Discogs and MP3tag works fine with them.  I am running 3.3.7165.  My OS is Windows 10.  I am not running a portable build.  I checked and I do not ave a Discogs file in Roaming.
If you are able to give me the URL of the link that should be opening I can copy/paste that into a browser in order to retrieve a PIN.
Thanks in advance for any help with this.
EDIT: I decided to try some more troubleshooting tonight.  I changed my default browser from Chrome to Firefox.  After doing this when I pressed the Configure button the webpage popped up right away.
Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 03:36:49 AM by sew3521

JH1

It ain't working cief. Tried the same thing what my friend above did, still nothin'.

Steven

• Administrator
I think there is an issue with the PIN dialog not automatically happening which i will fix. In the interim go to the plugin preferences panel and click the Configure button for the discogs plugin

edit:
redownload the plugin and it should work
Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 05:10:44 PM by Steven

evil_mani-mani

It seems like some releases want to use the the vinyl numbering (A1, A2, B1, etc) even for non-vinyl releases, is there a way to force it to standard numbering in all cases? Easy enough to change after, but it'd be nice to eliminate a step.

urfausto

anyone experienced problems with discogs and vinyls? i get no results whatsover for a vinyl rip, probably 'cause tracks have different lenght? (in discogs they are also different/wrong)

adanteh

How does one put in a discogs release ID for it to search if possible?

Steven

• Administrator
its not supported

urfausto

i made a request about in the wishlist thread if you want to back it.

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=30252.0

jazzmaister

Hi, I installed the plugin. Then set my preference to Discogs for Tags(2). But, nothing happens on track level. My actions: right-click on a track --> Edit --> go to the Tags(2) tab --> Auto-tag now. Nothing ever shows up in Tags(2). What am I doing wrong? Background: All my files are FLAC. Would mostly like to read musician credits per track and then import in Roon. Is it possible to import musician credits (PERSONNEL tag works best for uploading to Roon) on track-level from discogs with this plugin? Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator

Davedavson

Hello,

I want to tag my mp3s with genre tags and tried for hours to get it to work, also looking at lots of forum posts here, but sadly can't get it to work.

What I'm doing: right click Auto-Tag by Track->Identify Track and Update Tags. The song is selected and I press proceed, the status says searching but nothing is changed. I installed the discogs Tagger plugin and tried this for various tracks. E.g. for this one: https://www.discogs.com/de/Autograf-Sleepless-In-NYC/release/11627257 where discogs should have a Genre, right?

Anybody has any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Thank you very much!

hiccup

I installed the discogs Tagger plugin and tried this for various tracks. E.g. for this one:

A quick test on that file worked fine for me.
Did the installation of the plugin go well? Did you get a pop-up where you had to copy a pin code into MusicBee?

Davedavson

A quick test on that file worked fine for me.
Did the installation of the plugin go well? Did you get a pop-up where you had to copy a pin code into MusicBee?
[/quote]

Yes, I had to enter a pin and the plugin is shown in the plugins options (discogs 1.0.1) and I can select it in the tags options

Steven

• Administrator
Only MusicBrainz and GraceNote are used for Auto-Tag by Track.
Discogs is used for Auto-Tag by Album