Author Topic: Settings Clarification Needed  (Read 2818 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
When I right-click on an album in either Album or Albums & Tracks view, and go to EDIT, then select the SETTINGS tab, there are five options that have a checkbox to the left and a YES/NO dropdown to the right. 

Let's take DO NOT CROSSFADE as an example.  If I don't want the tracks on this album to crossfade, I assume I check the box on the left.  But what do I do with the dropdown on the right?  Do I select NO for "No, I don't want the tracks to crossfade"?  Or do I select YES for "Yes, I do not want the tracks to crossfade"?  It's kinda confusing. 

Confusing?  How about another option on that screen.  KEEP ALBUM TRACKS IN SEQUENCE WHEN SHUFFLING.  Check the box on the left, but in order to not shuffle, is it YES or NO on the dropdown? 

I think that in order to avoid this confusion, the dropboxes should be eliminated and the option is simply turned on or off by checking or not checking the box.

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I agree it's kind of confusing, but the checkbox only means "apply to all tracks".  So DO NOT CROSSFADE = YES means it won't crossfade, and the box needs to be checked so that it will be applied to the selected tracks.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
the reason it is done this way is because for multiple files, each file could have a different value. So to be sure the intention is to change all values a check box is provided (as with all fields when multiple files are being edited). Because these fields are already a check boxes, its changed to a combo box.
Not saying there isnt a better way but thats why

phred

• Global Moderator
Got it.  So I need to check the box and use YES to activate the option.
Thank you both.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Pingaware

It works the same as the check boxes in the rest of the tag editor panel, so I think that's fine. It shouldn't be too much of a leap for most people to get what it means, though now Phred's brought it up I can see where confusion can easily come from.

While we're on the subject of this settings panel, I've got a question. How does the "Keep Album Tracks in Sequence" work when it's not applied to the whole album? I have several pairs of tracks which fade into each other and so should ideally be played together when shuffling. However, what I've found, I think mostly in auto-playlist, is that if the track which this setting is applied to comes up in the playlist, then I get all of the tracks from the album after the picked track in order.

Have no visual proof of this unfortunately! If you want this investigating further, I'll keep an eye out for it happening.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.