Author Topic: Web Browser/ Mp3 Blog file scanner  (Read 47527 times)

Steven

• Administrator
i have randomly seen cases where the columns for the links are very narrow - is that what you meant? or did you mean the file list didnt display at all until you resized the window?

Chopper

Hi Steven,
I do actually mean that there are no links displayed until I resize the MB window.

FYI
Windows 7 Home 64 bit
Graphics card is Nvidia GTX 660 (Driver version 337.88)
Monitor is Samsung SyncMaster 206bw

redwing

Would be nice if this could support web query using tags of selected/playing track like web tabs of playing track panel. How about supporting such tag-using queries with bookmarks or plugin settings pane?
Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 03:25:48 AM by redwing

Storris

When opening Web Browser through the right-click context menu, I'm taken to a Bing search page which has 'Web Browser' as the search query (i.e it has loaded this page - http://www.bing.com/search?q=web+browser&go=Submit&qs=n&form=QBLH&pq=web+browser&sc=8-11&sp=-1&sk=&cvid=3fd79b8b1d4446a19602e2e53a893e7f).

Web Browser has no address bar present when opening through the context menu.

When opened with a left-click, Web Browser has no omni-box function.

When opened with left-click, the browser seems to cache the last search term and next time it starts, that becomes the default 'home page'.  If the last address caused MB to crash as has happened several times, you have to remove the Plugin in order to clear the cache & restore functionality.

Incorporating parts of the first problem for the rest of MB, Context Menu / Web Search, might actually be a good idea, and most of the functionality seems to be in place already.
Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 06:03:01 PM by Storris

holuschi

Something keeps resetting Web Browser setting. I don't know what action prompts this, but often when opening web browser, all bookmarks and last URL are gone, and the settings file in appdata got emptied. Never happens during a session, always after MB's launched. Any idea?

Same with me. It happens somtimes after restart of MB but not always. Do not not why. I have made a copy of WebBrowserSettings.dat and hope to restore the settings with this when bookmarks are lost again.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Just noting that the wiki page for this plugin has changed:

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Web_Browser_Plugin

It currently links to the MB 3.0 version of the plugin.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
for MusicBee 3+ users:
An embeded Web Browser is no longer supported in the MusicBee application itself. Web links now open in your default browser.
However, you can still view web pages within MusicBee using an updated version of the Web Browser plugin. It has been updated so you can view custom web-links that use the current playing song (wikipedia, youtube, etc)
Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pkhy169yxp306ti/mb_WebBrowser.zip

mazius

When i use this plugin MusicBee crashes while the browser is loading the website, and if i stop it from from loading from the url bar throws an error and then crashes. I tried with versions 2 and 3.
Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 08:41:03 PM by mazius

mazius

This is the error trace when i click the url bar:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.header_MouseClick(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
This is the error trace when i click the url bar:
i can reproduce this but i have made a change that might help
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pkhy169yxp306ti/mb_WebBrowser.zip
unzip into the Plugins folder

mazius

Now theres no error but as im saying the player crashes when the browser performs a search.

redwing

Now theres no error but as im saying the player crashes when the browser performs a search.

Working fine for me. If it's a specific website, provide the URL and the steps to search for others to reproduce it.

mazius

It loads the default wikipedia page and then crashes when its scanning, downloading or done, or if i stop it from loading it most of the times will crash after i had clicked the url bar. I cannot load properly any url except the wikipedia one.

mazius

Ok sorry got it to work, i simply had to disable and then enable the plugin again from the settings.

none1000

Hello, I could not find information for this:

I would like to search other pages than those offered with the plugin. I managed to add a link but it opens with a blank search box. In the links that are already integrated (e.g. Wikipedia) it directly inserts the artist that is now playing.

I would like to add for example https://tango.info/?q=<title> to search this db. But like this it does not respond to the now playing track...

Could somebody help me on this?