Author Topic: Mini Player behavior  (Read 6779 times)

BassT

Hello,

is it possible to activate Mini Player with a double-click in the title-bar of MB?

And is it possible to make the Mini Player dock on the screen like Winamp for example?

So Mini Player stays in foreground and other windows don't maximize over it?

(For example to keep miniplayer on the top side of the screen)

Thanks for your work and sorry for my much wishes...

Basti

Steven

• Administrator
double click on the player display panel down the bottom will toggle to mini-player mode
right-click on the mini-player/Always on Top will keep the mini-player on top of all other windows but i know thats not what you are asking for

BassT

Thank you so far, Steven.

Now there is still missing the function to "dock" the Mini-Player to the screen... will that function come?

Steven

• Administrator
yes that has been done for the next update (its in a new Window Settings menu in the mini-player)

BassT

Tried the new version and it works fine so far.

Problem now is:
I use 2 displays, it only docks to the main display, but it should dock on the secont monitor.
Also the rightclick-menu opens on display 1 even tought MusicBee is on display 2.

Maybe its possible to choose to dock Miniplayer to the current display?

If that works, the only thing I would miss is an appearance of the miniplayer like windows 7 taskbar... :-D

Steven

• Administrator
If that works, the only thing I would miss is an appearance of the miniplayer like windows 7 taskbar... :-D
there is already a mini-player like behaviour if you hover the mouse over the musicbee icon in the taskbar. It doesnt work if you are using the basic windows theme though - you need to have aero-peek enabled

BassT

Yes i know that, but on the second screen, there is no taskbar.
If MusicBee would lool like the windows-taskbar, it would be optically one bar from one screen to the other one ;-)

...but also only if I can dock it to the second screen :-p

Steven

• Administrator
i've made an attempt at this but as i dont have 2 monitors its guesswork so it might not work. Its in the next update

Steven

• Administrator

kosz

there is already a mini-player like behaviour if you hover the mouse over the musicbee icon in the taskbar. It doesnt work if you are using the basic windows theme though - you need to have aero-peek enabled

Steven, I guess "BassT" talk about deskband control like http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=78234

Steven

• Administrator
Steven, I guess "BassT" talk about deskband control like http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=78234
others have requested the deskband but the request basst refers to is the ability to dock the mini-play to the top or bottom of the screen and have exclusive use of the area (its known as an AppBar), which is included in the 1.2.3887 update on the forum.
I havent looked at the deskband yet, although i wonder how useful that is with windows 7 as you can achieve most of the same with the aero-peek taskbar popup