Author Topic: A Specific Album Art Only Custom View  (Read 2201 times)

DiaborMagics

Hello everyone,

For having used Music Bee for about 2 hours I must say I'm very impressed. I've been messing around with options to get it to show everything the way I want it to show, but there is one thing I just cannot figure out, even while Google is my best friend :(

Maybe someone can help a newbie MusicBee user like myself?

So... I have figured out how to copy and - to some extend - edit the default Views for the Main Panel into Custom Views. I added a View by the name of 'Album Art Only' and basically what I want is that if there's a song playing, that this view only shows the Album Art for that ONE song specifically and as big as possible. I want to get this done in the main panel, so I can easily switch between the Album Details view for convenience, to the Album Art Only View for something nice to look at.

I hated the tiny 240x240 or so resolution Windows Media Player used to show any kind of Album Art in, no matter what the original size was. I liked the idea of the Album Art showing in the 'now playing' pane, with the playlist at the right hand side, but 240x240 and the rest of the screen having nothing on it, was just useless. Besides, I've added custom Album Arts which are not necessarily squared images, which creates a very strange distortion effect when these pictures are displayed a squares.

I hope that Music Bee can solve this for me. And since it's so easy to switch between views, I hope it can be done through views. So far I've edited my Custom View to only show Album Arts and nothing else, but it shows them as squares and not for just 1 song, but the entire playlist. I just want 1 picture there, for 1 song at a time, as big as possible and as uh... 'natural' looking as possible. Not as a square, if it's not a square.

I hope this post is somewhat clear, I'm sorry if it isn't, as English is not my native language. If you have any questions about what I'm trying to say, please do not hesitate to ask me.

Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend,

DiaborMagics

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you using MusicBee 3.0 yet?  If not, upgrade to that (see the latest version forum).  The now playing node includes an option for a large album art view which should do what you want.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

DiaborMagics

psychoadept,

No I'm not using that version yet. Thanks for the tip. I'm hoping my settings and preferences won't get obliterated I update?

Thanks, I'll check the forum page out you spoke of,

DiaborMagics

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It shouldn't change your settings, except for layout because the main impetus for 3.0 was an overhaul of layout/gui.  But it's much easier to configure now!

You can always run a backup just in case (File > Library > Backup Library).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

DiaborMagics

Thank you very much! Then I will probably back it all up and try out V3 during the weekend :D