Author Topic: help needed with autoplaylist  (Read 2403 times)

sdziscool

Well hello there, first of all i want to make clear i have never really posted anything on any forum before, so excuse me if i do something wrong/post on the wrong subforum.

I have a question regarding the autoplaylist, if i'm unclear i'll go into greater detail. basically, i have an autoplaylist with my top rated/most played tracks, and i limited it to about 65 tracks (all using the autoplaylist functions) but i have a few albums that i like alot and i rated most tracks pretty high, but now i just have 5 full albums on there with a few other tracks in the playlist and there's almost no diversity, basically what i want to do is limit the amount of tracks that can "enter" the playlist to one or two per album.(my sentence seems rather long and unclear so i'll rephrase it: i want only 1 track per album in my  library to be able to "enter" the playlist)
is there any way to accomplish this?

i'll check for answers every day, so it might take a few hours before i can respond.

thanks in advance!

ma_t14

Although exactly what you describe is not possible I'm afraid, you can probably achieve something very close to that using a"Playlist Mixer" playlist.

First create a playlist mixer playlist like you would with any other kind of playlist (Right-click>New Playlist Mixer). In the track selection criteria choose the "music track source" to be your music library with the rule being what you already have in your other auto-playlist, limit the track count to 65 and then play around a bit with the value of "gap before same artist can repeat" to see what gives you the most desirable results.
Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 02:38:21 PM by ma_t14

Pingaware

You could actually choose the source as your already created playlist to save extra work as well.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

ma_t14

You could actually choose the source as your already created playlist to save extra work as well.

Good point, but having the playlist mixer playlist probably makes the other auto-playlist redundant

sdziscool

Thanks ma_t14 and Pware, it's not exactly what i wanted to achieve, but you can't always get what you want, i guess. maybe i'll post it as a feature request, or at least ask for the ability to change the "artist" gap into an "album" gap. happy to see such an active forum this day and age :)

Pingaware

Good point, but having the playlist mixer playlist probably makes the other auto-playlist redundant

Yeah, I thought that as I was posting. But alternative solutions never do any harm, and if you do it that way, you have the potential to mess about with extra rules to really ensure a mixed up list.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.