Author Topic: Consistent handling of non-square artwork  (Read 2412 times)

Diederik

With some of the more recent additions to MusicBee I have noticed that the handling of non-square album art is no longer consistent.

In the Mini Player, Now Playing Assistant, Thumbnail Browser, and the Expendable Artwork View (with grouping by Artist enabled) non-square artwork is stretched to fit a square. In all other instances MusicBee does display the artwork in its original aspect ratio. The latter used to be the default way MusicBee handled non-square artwork and in my opinion it was the best way to display artwork.

Therefore I would like to ask if it is possible to retain images' original aspect ratio when they're displayed in all of the above mentioned instances.

Steven

• Administrator
i have done this for the expanded view artwork layout when showing albums for an artist. The others i dont plan to change as i think it makes it look worse overall - i appreciate you might have some artwork that is very narrow or short that looks distorted.

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip
Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 02:15:46 PM by Steven

Diederik

Thank you for the change, it looks much better for me now. I understand your point about it not looking good in all instances.