Author Topic: Request Export of All Usually-Exported Playlists  (Read 3543 times)

Victorious

If possible, it would be helpful to have the ability to request an immediate export of all playlists, both auto and static, which are marked as 'automatically export a static copy'. This will take care of the situation when, for example, the 'file path mapping rule' has been changed but the playlist content may not have changed.

Clicking a button, for example, would be easier than having to re-save each of them in turn.

Thank you :)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This might be another good use-case for selecting multiple playlists: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=13046.msg78694#new
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Victorious

That would certainly help, although you'd still have to remember which playlists you've set to export automatically. Which I might have trouble with  :D

Steven

• Administrator
This will take care of the situation when, for example, the 'file path mapping rule' has been changed but the playlist content may not have changed.
can you explain what you mean by 'file path mapping rule' ?
The playlists should automatically export when needed so i would prefer to cover situations overlooked

redwing

This will take care of the situation when, for example, the 'file path mapping rule' has been changed but the playlist content may not have changed.
can you explain what you mean by 'file path mapping rule' ?
The playlists should automatically export when needed so i would prefer to cover situations overlooked

I think this issue was raised before. There are several settings for playlists under Preferences> Library, but any changes in those settings fail to update existing exported playlists. For instance, change exported playlist format, it doesn't create new playlist files; tick/untick relative file path or change map base file paths, but any of those changes don't update exported playlists unless you find and open each of those playlists and click on save again.

Steven

• Administrator
any change to the playlist export preferences will now export all "save as static copy" playlists. Its in the next v2.4 update