Author Topic: Sorting by Year/Album when grouped by Artist  (Read 2904 times)

ramsockwell

Hi guys. Right now I have my player setup so that the albums in my library are grouped by album artist, and they're shown stacked on top of each other for each album artist. What I wanted to ask was if there was a way to have the stacked albums displayed in order of release date, instead of alphabetical. I know that when you click on each artist stack, you can sort the listed albums by year, but unfortunately I can't find a way to sort the stack itself by year.  The "sort by" option in the header bar can't be clicked on unfortunately when it's sorted by album artist. Is there a way around this? Thanks.

ramsockwell

http://i.imgur.com/cyQkTRY.png

Here's an image to show what I'm talking about. Not a big deal I know, but any input would be appreciated.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Currently you can't change that.  This should probably be a wishlist request.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

I agree it would make more sense if the top cover of each stack follows "Sort Albums" setting that appears when album list is expanded by a click. However, it is a correct behavior, I think, "Sort by" setting is disabled when grouped by non-album fields. If you post this on the wishlist board, I will support it.

ramsockwell

Hah, thanks for the response guys. I'll keep my fingers crossed.