Author Topic: Proposed (optional) changes for simplified layout  (Read 113584 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I haven't had a chance to fully explore the most recent changes yet.  Looking forward to doing so, but it might be a few more days.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
-  new horizontal tab dock choices: Horizontal (Left+Main Panel) and Horizontal (Main Panel)
Nicely done, Steven.  Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

cartman005

I've noticed a couple of bugs.

1. You are no longer able to drag and drop tracks between tabs, for example the Inbox and the Music Library. It works fine on the left panel but not if you drop the track onto a tab.

2. If you maximize MusiceBee on a monitor that does not have the Windows taskbar on it, the bottom border will still be drawn although it shouldn't be.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
1. It seems that "Panel.CommandIconOverride" is defunct. Is this intentional?

@ Underneath
working fine for me on latest update (Vers: 2.4.5302).  That screencap for 3. is showing an old layout.  You may have missed Steven's latest improvements.

@ Steven
if you assign a toolbar icon to "View: Toggle Show Left Panel", when used in an older skin, it also opens the floating lyrics panel.  Works fine in any "Modern" layout.

MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Everything's looking pretty good now.  The new caption bar is distracting me less than it did at first, although I'm still not in love with it.

Only thing: in 2.4.5302 the custom buttons shown in the caption bar have lost the cool mouseover highlight.  :'(
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

@ Underneath
working fine for me on latest update (Vers: 2.4.5302).  

When I hover over a toolbar button (displayed as text), it won't change the color. Same with MusicBee's default skin. Maybe I called the wrong element last post.

you're right Underneath,
<element id="Panel.HeaderButtonOverride.Highlight" /> is not working for old or new skins

holuschi

Looks very nice with new default skin, thank you.
One thing happend: all of my radio station  pictures disappeared in the radio tab with the new 2.4.5302  version. They can be edited again for every radio station but this has to be done twice for every picture until you can see them again in the radio tab. It would be fantasic to store the radio pictures in a definable folder in the same way as the artist pictures. No loss of them after changes.

Steven

• Administrator
1. You are no longer able to drag and drop tracks between tabs, for example the Inbox and the Music Library. It works fine on the left panel but not if you drop the track onto a tab.
2. If you maximize MusiceBee on a monitor that does not have the Windows taskbar on it, the bottom border will still be drawn although it shouldn't be.
1 should be fixed for the next v2.4 update. For 2, i havent made any changes. MB is using standard windows API calls to get the available area and if that isnt working i dont think i would be able to help with this

Steven

• Administrator
1. Mouseover toolbar button (displayed as text), it won't highlight the color.
2. Also if you close the last tab in the horizontal main panel tabs bar, it switches back to "do not display". Left+Main Panel also affected. I think it's weird behaviour.
3. If many tabs in caption bar + icons/text buttons, this will result (overlap with form buttons):
1&3 should be fixed for the next v2.4 update. 2 is intentional but i have changed it to only remove the tabs bar is the tabs bar is only in the main panel.

Steven

• Administrator
if you assign a toolbar icon to "View: Toggle Show Left Panel", when used in an older skin, it also opens the floating lyrics panel.  Works fine in any "Modern" layout.
its working fine for me with an older skin and i dont see what the skin settings have to do with it. Could you reconfirm

Steven

• Administrator
you're right Underneath,
<element id="Panel.HeaderButtonOverride.Highlight" /> is not working for old or new skins
the command buttons now brighten on mouse-over instead of a background square (using that colour override). It should still be using it for text commands though (apart from the general issue with highlighting not working in the last version)

Steven

• Administrator
One thing happend: all of my radio station  pictures disappeared in the radio tab with the new 2.4.5302  version. They can be edited again for every radio station but this has to be done twice for every picture until you can see them again in the radio tab. It would be fantasic to store the radio pictures in a definable folder in the same way as the artist pictures. No loss of them after changes.
working fine here (my existing pictures all show) and nothing has been changed around this. I dont think i will be able to help with this

Bee-liever

its working fine for me with an older skin and i dont see what the skin settings have to do with it. Could you reconfirm

Can confirm that whatever toolbar command is set 7 places after "View: Toggle Show Left Panel" is also activated at the same time when using an older skin.
(this is in AeroBee)

if I move 'LH panel' to #2, 'random track' also activates
if moved to position #3, 'send to ext (MP3tag)' also opens
etc, etc, etc

Steven

• Administrator
Can confirm that whatever toolbar command is set 7 places after "View: Toggle Show Left Panel" is also activated at the same time when using an older skin.
I think the skin is just a coincidence - the bug should be fixed for the next v2.4 update

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip
Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 10:06:46 PM by Steven