Author Topic: VST Effects Plugin  (Read 124251 times)

Joja2k

The pictures were taken prior to making any changes. I took the pictures, tried all that sveakul wrote and then posted my answer.

phred

• Global Moderator
Please post a screenshot of your current VST settings.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

i really don't understand you. 1st screenshot is pointing mb vst host plugin to "C:\VSTs" folder, and 2nd screenshot shows "C:\VST" folder.

Joja2k

The two folders have the exact same vsts in them, I just renamed them as i saw someone wrote that maybe you can try to create a whole new folder and and write the path manually, maybe it would work out.

sveakul

There is ONE folder in your picture https://imgur.com/bxclPom, "C:\VST" .  The folder path you wrote in the host preferences path, according to your own picture https://imgur.com/YJRHDmF, is "C:\VSTs."  Change the name written in the box to match the name of the folder;  in other words, make BOTH of them "C:\VST".

Joja2k

Whops, my bad, thanks for pointing that out but bad news unfortunately. Still nothing  showing up in musicbee's eq section

wealstarr

@sveakul thank you for that bass_vst update. But I like my long range barrel plugged into my gun so that when I'm shooting, there's no air gab in between. Same with the VST, I don't want additional tools to be able to get around a shortcoming . I'll submit a request for 64 bit version of Music bee tomorrow, god willing.

wealstarr

@Steven

The new bass_vst freezing the plugin's state and no amount of knob tweaking and moving sliders making any change. Older one works as expected.

The newest mb_VST.dll has an inaccurate window geometry.

sveakul

@Steven

The new bass_vst freezing the plugin's state and no amount of knob tweaking and moving sliders making any change. Older one works as expected.

The newest mb_VST.dll has an inaccurate window geometry.
Are you referring to a particular VST plugin?  Which one?  By "older one" do you mean an older version of that plugin, or bass_vst.dll?

wealstarr

Are you referring to a particular VST plugin?  Which one?  By "older one" do you mean an older version of that plugin, or bass_vst.dll?

No, I'm referring to bass_vst

sveakul

I meant, what is the plugin you are referring to here: "..freezing the plugin's state and no amount of knob tweaking and moving sliders making any change."  I am only using two simple VSTs (LoudMax, a limiter/compressor, and Wider, a stereo expander) and their sliders move and produce changes as expected.  This is with bass_vst.dll version 2.4.1.6 (or 2.4.1.5) and the current version of mb_VST.dll from the Add-Ons section of this site.

wealstarr

Initially Hofa, but when I realized, after updating bass_vst that controls no longer respond, I tried Fabfilter too with the same result. Once I reverted to old bass_vst from 2018, everything went back to normal.

Jeremy Meunier

Hi everyone,

Just signed up on the forum. I have the same problems as the others : I've installed 4 VST dlls in my C:\BBE Sound folder, set that path in the plugins preferences and I'm unable to see them on myEQ/DSP window. Those plugins are the 4 official plugins from BBE which can be found here : https://plugins.bbesound.com/products/b1757-Sonic-Sweet/
No need to mention that they are the official ones, got a licence key for them, not a cracked version from the dark web.
Please advise,

I'm running MB 3.5.8447 on windows 11 on a pretty recent machine.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy.

sveakul

The Sonic Sweet plugins indicate that they require a 64-bit VST host.  As MusicBee and its VST host are 32-bit, that's why they cannot be used.