Author Topic: VST Effects Plugin  (Read 124241 times)

Regis

Hi dear MB fellows,
I don't succeed in making the Ozone plugin to work when playing music.
It works nicelly with foobar (foo_vst_0903 vst support).
I can run any test. If the conclusion is that Ozone is not supported, then I'll go with foobar, no problem. And wait for MB to support it one day...
Thank's for an answer.

sveakul

Hi Regis:  specific VST plugins may have issues for all sorts of reasons.  Steven may be willing to provide a debug version of MusicBee for you to run that may provide clues in the resultant log.  In the meantime, IMHO it seems a shame for you to abandon an entire music manager/player platform due to a single third-party EQ.

jack16277

Just registered to ask this:

got the vst plugin for long time, used some and worked fine.

But it stopped recognizing the new Vst, tried changing the location, it just resets the setting.

Only old vst are shown; any chance that, somehow, it needs some sort of refresh?

sveakul

Welcome jack16277!  My first question is, what version of MusicBee are you using?  Please update to the latest 3.3.7246 version from the links at the post here:  https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=27074.msg166596#msg166596 .

Then, update to the latest version of the MB VST host plugin, which was updated July 8, 2019 (despite same version number), here:  https://getmusicbee.com/out/?type=addon&id=16&r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mediafire.com%2Ffile%2Ff6ebbedyyw2sqq4%2Fmb_VST.dll%2Ffile .

Also remember that only 32-bit VST and VST2 plugins are supported, not VST3.

After confirming the above, please let us know if you are still having problems getting new plugins recognized, and what they are.

jack16277

Thank you for the welcoming, Sveakul :)

So, Musicbee and the plugin are the last versions; plugins are 32-bit.

I've created a folder "c:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\vst" with the .dll inside.

Everything worked and still works, it's just doesn't see the new VST (32-bit and VST2 versions). I guess, the best way is to try a VST that you know works.

I'll probably have to reinstall everything, and will do, just wanted to try different options first.

Thank you :)

sveakul

You probably already tried some or all of this, but anyway I would:

1.  Uninstall "vst host" using the uninstall button in Prefs/plugins;  close MB.

2.  Rename the folder you now have your VSTs in in File Explorer/Window Explorer.

3. Open MB, reinstall the MB vst host plugin, enable it, and manually enter the new source folder's path/name in the source folder path box;  close MB.

4.  Open MusicBee, and see if all your VST/VST2 plugins are now recognized, or just some of them.  If the latter, which ones are still not being seen?

Before any of this, be sure you are running MB in Administrator mode.
Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 01:00:00 AM by sveakul

Regis

Hi dear fellows,
Let me expose why I have decided that I need the EQ VST plugin.
I need to equalize my room (from REW information) in the low frequencies to get the best of my system; I have a pb around 55hz in my room).
 I also want to equalize my Mr Speaker Ether C headphone (increase low frequencies and 6k/8k peak suppression). 

Doing so within my player is a real value to me.

I agree that i could do so with QRange which works perfectly with MB...but there are other functionalities within Ozone that I would like to explore.
So it would be a dream to get Ozone to work within MB...but I will survive if it takes some timeor does not happen.

Thank's for your time and friendchip anyway.

jack16277

You probably already tried some or all of this, but anyway I would:

1.  Uninstall "vst host" using the uninstall button in Prefs/plugins;  close MB.

2.  Rename the folder you now have your VSTs in in File Explorer/Window Explorer.

3. Open MB, reinstall the MB vst host plugin, enable it, and manually enter the new source folder's path/name in the source folder path box;  close MB.

4.  Open MusicBee, and see if all your VST/VST2 plugins are now recognized, or just some of them.  If the latter, which ones are still not being seen?

Before any of this, be sure you are running MB in Administrator mode.

I've done all the steps, but somehow it still doesn't see the new VST; changing the folder, only resets the settings, but only the same are working.

I've tried something:

- created new folder with another VST (not used before)

- it works

- copied the old working VST into the new folder

- now only the new one is found

So it makes me think, it's not a .dll compatibility problem, but some sort of error in the scan for new VST

Anyway, I'll probably have to reinstall to be sure, or maybe try it on another machine.

Thank you for the reply Sveakul
Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 02:14:33 AM by jack16277

sveakul

Yeah, it sounds like once the initial scan of the VST folder in the path box is made after installing the host plugin, it never "repeats" the scan/looks again at the folder.  This is good info for Steven to know about, thanks for reporting it!  One thing you might try is manually adding the new-added VST;  open your MusicBee3Settings.ini file in the Appdata subfolder into Notepad, and find the section "<PlayerDspState>".  Under it you will see entries for the VST plugins it did find.  If the one you added does not appear there, try adding the new one using the same structure/params as you see used in the "found" ones (be sure to back up the file first!!).  Then restart MB--do the new ones appear, and, can they be selected/activated?

I would have tried it myself but all my available VSTs are already in my folder (and do show up).  With that info, hopefully Steven can spot the problem with the discovery process.
Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 02:37:00 AM by sveakul

sveakul

OK, curiousity killed the cat, I downloaded a new VST plugin never used before, and placed the dll in my standard folder for VSTs that my MusicBee vst host plugin points to in its path statement.  And, the new VST plugin DOES show up just fine in my list of selectable "DSP Plugins."  And if selected, works.

Anyway, this disproves the theory that MusicBee is no longer scanning the VST folder after initial installation of the vst host.

jack19277, I think you may be dealing with a Windows permissions issue.  I run Windows 7 Pro SP1 as an Administrator (carefully), MusicBee Portable installed to C:\MusicBee, and my VST plugins folder is at C:\VSTPlugins, so both outside of the normal Windows hierarchy.  Why don't you try creating a new VST folder right off the drive root and not in Programs, and pointing MB to that instead.  Any luck?

"For completeness sake", I'll mention that while unchecking the new plugin in MB and then deleting it from the VST folder does remove it from the list of selectable DSPs, it does not delete its entry in <PlayerDspState> within the MusicBee3Settings.ini file.  Neat-nicks like me can clean it out manually however  ;D

ultradust

A feature request:

Many VST plugin developers are now deprecating 32-bit versions, and supplying only 64-bit versions, of their plugins.

For now, MusicBee is a 32-bit application, so hosting 64-bit plugins doesn't work. I'd like to see bridge functionality similar to jBridge (https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge) which enables MusicBee to host 64-bit VST plugins.

(Side note: I know that João, the developer of jBridger, has allowed the tool's bridging functionality to be integrated into third-party applications previously. Bridging is rendered on-the-fly, transparently for the user. Perhaps he would allow integration for MusicBee.)
Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 02:38:09 PM by ultradust

urfausto

hmmm i'm no expert and i would like to ask: is there any chance that these vst will work?

https://www.hpl-musicsource.com/software
https://nugenaudio.com/haloupmix/

i have tried putting both 64bit dll (i'm on win7 x64) in the vst folder i've set up but i get no sight of them in musicbee, not even in dsp settings.

thanks.

frankz

i have tried putting both 64bit dll (i'm on win7 x64) in the vst folder i've set up but i get no sight of them in musicbee, not even in dsp settings.
Read the post directly above yours

urfausto

Read the post directly above yours
;D facepalm. thanks, i will try with 32bit then.

please55

Hello. Anyone else have experience with this vst plugin: https://www.hpl-musicsource.com/software

Its geared towards headphone use but its not evident to me if its meant for general purpose use or specifically for music mastered for it (they have a small catalogue). The translation on the site isn't clear to me.