Author Topic: Manually change artist pictures?  (Read 14966 times)

SodPen

I have a rather large library and, for the most part, the artist picture query works great.  However...

I have a few albums that I've ripped that are local artists and indie artists, some of whom are local to other countries / continents.  Is there a way to manually add images to those listings so I don't have blank "stick figure" icons for those artists when nothing is returned from the auto-search on the web?

Second part B to that.... is there a way to manually change the artist image if it's wrong.  Specific case-in-point is Mike Jones.  Apparently there's a somewhat popular rap artist named Mike Jones who populates the image of my Mike Jones (who is a jazz pianist).

I guess the real question I'm asking for both is if there's a manual way to input localized image data that overrides the auto-population?   

Thanks in advance.

Joshua

Go to Musicbee's preferences > tags (1). You will see at the bottom it asks you to choose an artist pictures location. You can put this anywhere you like but I think the default is in the Musicbee folder in you're music library. Any picture with the artist's name you include here will show in Musicbee under that artist. you can also delete artist pictures here.

Joshua

If (for some reason) you would actually prefer an artist picture to show the stick man though, and there is currently an image there, you must delete it out of Users > You > AppData > Roaming > MusicBee > InternalCache. At least that is where it is on my computer...

SodPen

And boom goes the dynamite!  

I missed that like a dunderheaded dunder-thing.  Joshua, you're the best.  Thank you.  Worked like a charm.