Author Topic: Sort by number of tracks  (Read 4605 times)

troglodytes16

Hi, my first post here.
I love MusicBee, but the Library lacks in sorting options.
I selected 2 options to sort by: Artist / Album. And they both display the number of tracks, which so far is great.
But I would like to have the option to click on top of the column "number of tracks" and sort by it. I have lots' of artists with only one or two tracks and I'd like my favorite artists to be on the top of the list.
Is that possible?

ma_t14

As far as I know this is currently not possible, but if I may ask, how is the number of tracks of an artist related to how much you like the music? I know it makes sense for the two to be connected to an extend but I don't think there's enough of a correlation for this kind of sorting to be valuable.

EDIT
The only other player I remember using that had this functionality was Jaangle
Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:45:45 PM by ma_t14

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Actually,if you're talking about the column browser, this is already possible.  Just click the header above the numbers.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ma_t14

Actually,if you're talking about the column browser, this is already possible.  Just click the header above the numbers.

Thanks! Didn't even know this was possible (the aesthetic simplicity of the Metro skin works against it sometimes Never mind, it's not really apparent in any of the skins)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
just be sure you're using 'Artist Track Count' not the plain 'Track Count'
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

troglodytes16

Thank you scampbll, I can't believe I missed it.
On the same subject, could the Album sort display the release year instead (or along with) their names? Or do I have to open a third small window as in Artist / Album / Year ? This way the library groups all albums instead of only the albums from that artist already selected
It's a lot more useful, after I select the artist, to see their albums in chronological order.

Pingaware

Actually,if you're talking about the column browser, this is already possible.  Just click the header above the numbers.

Thanks! Didn't even know this was possible.

You never stop learning with MB. I've been using this feature for a long while as it does have quite a few uses (in my experience) when it comes to "power"-tagging tracks.

It's a lot more useful, after I select the artist, to see their albums in chronological order.

You could just change Album to Year. Or create a virtual tag incorporating both (probably? Someone better confirm this before you try it!)
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thank you scampbll, I can't believe I missed it.
On the same subject, could the Album sort display the release year instead (or along with) their names? Or do I have to open a third small window as in Artist / Album / Year ? This way the library groups all albums instead of only the albums from that artist already selected

If you want to be able to sort albums by year in the column browser, you'll need to create a virtual tag such as Year - Album.

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Virtual_tag
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

troglodytes16

It worked, thank you again  ;D
I had no idea what those Virtual tags were, but now I figured it out.
I made one <Year>_<Album> and it's working great