Author Topic: MusicBee for Videos?  (Read 2237 times)

Sevion

Hey there,

for quiet a few month now I feel the wish of the ability to somehow use MusicBee's Abilities to process the sound of
video files too. I have quiet a few plugins, winamp DSPs etc configured in MusicBee and am heavily enjoying the quality of sound it produces.
And everytime I used MusicBee and am starting a video after I always become upset of how bad most common video players sound.

While MusicBee isn't able to play videos itself (anymore), do you know of any way to let MusicBee handle the sound for other video players?
Maybe as some kind of plugin for MPC-HC or PotPlayer?

Too bad there isn't a way to let the Bee manage all sounds system wide.

ma_t14

And everytime I used MusicBee and am starting a video after I always become upset of how bad most common video players sound.

This is probably placebo, or the video players are using some king of audio equalizer. There shouldn't be any perceivable difference in sound quality between different software unless the sound is somehow touched upon. The other reason may be that they are not using the same audio render (directaudio is known to have a negligible impact on the sound compared to e.g. WASAPI which provides an unmodified bitstream to the audio device) but still the difference would be extremely small to actually notice.

Maybe the actual problem is with the over compressed/lossy audio found in many videos compared to lossless or not so compressed music files.
Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 06:05:28 PM by ma_t14

Sevion

Hey ma_t14,
you seem to have overread most of my post; this is the important part:
I have quiet a few plugins, winamp DSPs etc configured in MusicBee and am heavily enjoying the quality of sound it produces.
This is what makes the (non-placebo-) difference in sound qualtiy, which I'm missing in normal video players.