Author Topic: Is there a way to not show the discnumber in front of the tracknumber  (Read 9060 times)

so_la_la

Well the title says it.
Noone needs it unless there have been two original CDs which is hardly the case, with most music being bought on the internet anyway today.
But it does not look to good and sometimes it has been messing with my autosync options to my phone where it created a three figure track number in the filename.
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

redwing

You can remove disc# tag from those tracks.

This is how I manage the issue with auto-playlist.

Create an auto-playlist matching <all> of the following two rules:

- <Disc#> <is> <1>
- <Disc Count> <is less than> <2>

The auto-playlist should contain no tracks. So I occasionally check the auto-playlist and remove any disc# tag from all  tracks in the playlist.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Rather than removing the 'Disc#' tag, just use 'Track#' instead of 'Disc-Track#'.

I originally removed the Disc# tag,  then decided I wanted to use MB's 'Album Complete?' info.
What a pain to go through my library and put all the disc numbers back in  :-X  :-X  :-X
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

Rather than removing the 'Disc#' tag, just use 'Track#' instead of 'Disc-Track#'.

I originally removed the Disc# tag,  then decided I wanted to use MB's 'Album Complete?' info.
What a pain to go through my library and put all the disc numbers back in  :-X  :-X  :-X

Why? Removing disc# for a single-disc album has nothing to do with using 'Album Complete?' tag.

Bee-liever

Why? Removing disc# for a single-disc album has nothing to do with using 'Album Complete?' tag.

AFAIK (and it is a while since I checked and I could be wrong) you needed both Disc# and Disc Count for 'Album Complete?' to work properly.

Besides, I was trying not to draw attention to the fact you didn't answer the OP question of how to NOT SHOW (not REMOVE) discnumber.

Maybe I should give up on trying to be nice to fellow forum users?
Guess it's just not what everyone expects of me  ;D

redwing

AFAIK (and it is a while since I checked and I could be wrong) you needed both Disc# and Disc Count for 'Album Complete?' to work properly.

Perhaps it could be the case if you're using those fields for defining an album in your grouping setting. Otherwise, it works with no problem.

Bee-liever

... it could be the case if you're using those fields for defining an album in your grouping setting. Otherwise, it works with no problem.

not in grouping, but am using 'Disc-Track#' for sorting
that could probably explain the discrepancy between our observations  :)
Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 11:29:04 AM by Bee-liever

so_la_la

Track# solved the issue. I am aware of the difference however I think I won't need Disc# as I do not have so many double albums (in fact I wonder: who has?) and with most of the few I have I changed the layout to make it one album with Track# from 01 to 22.
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

redwing

... it could be the case if you're using those fields for defining an album in your grouping setting. Otherwise, it works with no problem.

How could a sorting set affect the functionality of 'Album Complete?' tag? I'd be surprised if that's the case.

Pingaware

I am aware of the difference however I think I won't need Disc# as I do not have so many double albums (in fact I wonder: who has?)

OT: I have 1,180 songs where the Disc# tag has a value, which in my carefully sorted library means that they are on multi-disk albums.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

so_la_la

OT: I have 1,180 songs where the Disc# tag has a value, which in my carefully sorted library means that they are on multi-disk albums.

So do I but most of them are single-disk albums where somehow the information 'disk 1 of 1' has been written.

Pingaware

So do I but most of them are single-disk albums where somehow the information 'disk 1 of 1' has been written.

No, that's what I meant by my carefully sorted library. I always delete disk 1 of 1 tags as I consider them pointless - nothing I use requires them so they go. So all of mine are off disk 1 of x, where x>1. But this is getting irrelevant well beyond the point of no return!
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Bee-liever

How could a sorting set affect the functionality of 'Album Complete?' tag? I'd be surprised if that's the case.

Although this has become quite a bit of a tangent from the original post, I have gone back and checked out what effects 'Album Complete?'.

If you only supply Track# and Track Count then it works fine.
If you supply Disc Count then you also have to supply Disc# for it to work properly.
At least, that is what I have found with my setup.

redwing

If you only supply Track# and Track Count then it works fine.
If you supply Disc Count then you also have to supply Disc# for it to work properly.

You finally got it right. That's why you can safely remove disc# tag from single-disc albums without affecting functionality of 'Album Complete?' tag. (yes, disc count tag too should be removed from single-disc albums, but in most cases the tag won't be there with auto-tagging or purchase unless you had typed it in).

Bee-liever

You finally got it right.

Not to put to fine a pint on it (not like I'm keeping score or anything  :P ), but I had it right from the beginning.
I stated that when I needed to use 'Album Complete?' I had to replace the 'Disc#' tag.
Notice the I, that means it was totally for my circumstances.

BTW. what did OP say?
Track# solved the issue.

redwing, I have no problem with you pointing these things out, but please put them in a PM to me, and not waste anymore time and space on the the board.