Author Topic: # on Library?  (Read 4838 times)

markzzz

I noticed that I can easily set the field # (progressive track number) in the playlists, but not in the Library. How can I do it?
Thanks, awesome software!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I noticed that I can easily set the field # (progressive track number) in the playlists, but not in the Library. How can I do it?
Thanks, awesome software!

There is no # field for the library.  It shows the playlist play order, so in the library it's irrelevant.  There was a bug that could cause it to show up in the library, but I don't remember now what triggers it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

markzzz

Thank you for the reply. Well it is not irrelevant at all. Think if I order the files for Rating, seeing first the ones voted. Would be nice to know "how many tracks" are voted. That's why # could be interessant.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Why not make an auto-playlist based on rating?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

markzzz

Because generally I work only on Library, and it is quick and easy manage all my music from there. That's all!

Pingaware

If you only want to know how many tracks are in a certain category (rating, artist, whatever), you could use the column browser. If you have "Show track count for each item" ticked in preferences, it'll show you in the column browser how many there are. You can change the contents of the column browser by right clicking on the header.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

markzzz

That's a nice organization :) Thank you!
Is it possible to remove the [Empty] filter?

Pingaware

Only by tagging all those files which show up as empty with a value in that tag.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

markzzz