Author Topic: Roll your own  (Read 3437 times)

Penn

Being a bit of a loose cannon I opened some of the xautopf playlists in Notepad for a nosey. Was pleased to see they were XML and possibly customizable?

I'd like to use a text editor to speed up creating playlist mixers. Sometimes there'll be a dozen items that are 99% identical and I'd prefer to do it in a text editor.

I think if I could see some example XML and knew what .extension to use and where to place the files I could do it, assuming it's possible?

redwing

Sometimes there'll be a dozen items that are 99% identical and I'd prefer to do it in a text editor.

In that case, just make several copies of the playlist(-mixer) file with Windows Explorer. Press F5 and they will show up in playlist section. Then you could make changes for each from their Edit playlist dialog. That would be a lot easier than handling xml files yourself.

Penn

The almost identical items appear in  single playlist mixer files. One of my typical playlist mixer files will have a dozen entries. Rather than make a new entry from scratch I usually just want to clone the previous one and change a tiny thing within it.

When you say "just make several copies of the playlist(-mixer) file with Windows Explorer" - Where are my current playlist mixer files?

redwing

They are with other playlist files in your library folder. Check your Preferences> Library setting.

Penn

My apologies redwing, I didn't think I'd posted that, I actually found the files when I was writing it. I'd been looking in User Data folders etc. Thanks, appreciate the help