Author Topic: Library Organisation in Explorer add ;and to Artist Name  (Read 4471 times)

22cnt

So I added my music into musicbee and some of the artist had "and;" in front of them (and; LL Cool J), for whatever reason. Anyway i got rid of the and tag and its all normal in Musicbee but in windows explorer it still under the folder and; LL Cool J. When i manually move it to the right folder it just and and back to it ?

Why does musicbee keep adding this tag ? Sorry if im not real clear.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
When you say you move it manually, are you doing that in MusicBee or in Windows Explorer?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

22cnt

Windows Explorer. And then I relink it in Musicbee so it knows where it is but just and "and" to it.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Have you tried using the Send To > Folder command from within MusicBee?

If that doesn't help, can you post a screenshot of where you're seeing the problem?

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Screenshot
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

22cnt

It appeared to be working until i opened it up this morning and now everythings back to how it was.

diego59

I have this problem too. I manually delete all the "and;" of the album artist having it, but recently I use the volume analysis on an artist, and after that, some of the songs have that "and;" in the album artist tag.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
We still need a screenshot of the problem.  Especially if you can show the bad Album Artist tag in the Tag Inspector, that would be helpful.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

diego59

I've been analyzing volume for various tracks, but the "and; (Album artist)" has not repeated.

In two tracks, the "and" appeared without the "; (Album artist)", the "(Album artist)" was there before the analysis. Here the screenshots of one track:

I've noticed that in the tag inspector, after erasing the "and", writing the "(Album artist)" and saving -if I remember correctly-, the tag that appears as "and" still there, I erased it.

Searching in another artist which had the problem with serious tracks, I found the "and" in the tag inspector, but in this case the tag was "and; (Album artist)" and I just erase the "and; " from the tags. Here the screenshot:

Thanks and sorry for my english mistakes.

redwing

Have a look: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12137.0

It's not about volume analysis but updating the file.
MB uses TPE2 frame for album artist. I don't know v3 still removes TXXX/Band when updating files, but make sure those files don't have the tag under ID3v1 or APEv2.