Author Topic: Expandable View in the Artwork layout  (Read 112355 times)

redwing

With some very dark album covers, track info is almost illegible when lowlighted.

http://i.imgur.com/WfNxnCG.png

AC/DC's Back in Black is another example.

Steven

• Administrator
Coming from this thread: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=13080.0

How about making the top cover of album stacks to follow "Sort Albums" setting when grouped by (album) artist?
i forgot to mention that was done in the last update:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

redwing

i forgot to mention that was done in the last update:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Working great. Thanks! Not a big deal, but it would be great if the top cover could change in real time responding to a change of Sort Albums setting without having to reload the view.

Sigma

Since you added the double-click to view artwork feature to this, it's messed up double-clicking to play an album in certain circumstances. It occurs when you are playing an album in the far-right column of the artwork view and you double-click the album directly underneath the one that's playing.

For example, let's say I'm playing this album: -

When I double-click the Zapp album that's underneath it, rather than playing the album, it opens the artwork: -

This occurs because when the expanded view opens, the mouse pointer is where the artwork is, so the double-click action is being registered as "open artwork" instead of "play album". If the album is in a different column, then when the expanded view opens, the mouse pointer isn't over the artwork so the double-click action correctly registers as "play album".

Steven

• Administrator
its working fine here with the fix and i am not prepared to spend any more time on this

Sigma

its working fine here with the fix and i am not prepared to spend any more time on this

If you won't fix the bug, then can we at least have an option to disable the double-click to show the full sized album art? It's broken as it is now.

redwing

The bug's fixed, but for some reason a few albums require very fast double-click to play the album instead of opening the artwork.

mikebo

Thanks for the quick update, but unfortunately it doesn't fix the issue.
Are you sure you've applied the patch correctly? It seems to be working for everybody else including me.

Steven

• Administrator
i have increased the delay which should address slower loading albums

redwing

i have increased the delay which should address slower loading albums

That fixed the issue completely. Thanks!

@Sigma: Try the new version.

Diederik

This new Expendable View looks really nice and handles very well for the most part. From a practical viewpoint I have one suggestion though. With albums grouped by (Album) Artist it is quite cumbersome to navigate to a specific album if there are a lot of albums grouped to an (Album) Artist.
When the number of albums exceed the screen width there is only the option to move forward (or backward) one album at a time. In my library there is for example one artist with about 80 albums to his name, so when I want to find a specific album of his, I have to wait a long time to get to it.

Therefore I would suggest an improved way of scrolling through albums. I can think of a few possible solutions:
- Enable a scroll bar underneath the row of albums for easier scrolling (although this arguably disrupts the very clean look of the Expendable View)
- Enable mouse wheel scrolling for an artist's row of albums. Currently the mouse wheel only scrolls the entire library up or down, but perhaps when the mouse is positioned on the row of albums, it could scroll that row horizontally.
- Make the forward/backward arrows scroll more than one album, perhaps by increasing scroll speed when the arrow is held down. Alternatively have two sets of arrows: one set for scrolling one album, and another for scrolling multiple albums (for example the number of albums that fit in the screen).

Any other thoughts on this?

Pingaware

Therefore I would suggest an improved way of scrolling through albums. I can think of a few possible solutions:
- Enable a scroll bar underneath the row of albums for easier scrolling (although this arguably disrupts the very clean look of the Expendable View)
- Enable mouse wheel scrolling for an artist's row of albums. Currently the mouse wheel only scrolls the entire library up or down, but perhaps when the mouse is positioned on the row of albums, it could scroll that row horizontally.

I've not experienced this problem yet, but I can understand where you're coming from completely. +1 to either of these suggestions (don't like the arrow-keys one as much).
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Alumni

With albums grouped by (Album) Artist it is quite cumbersome to navigate to a specific album if there are a lot of albums grouped to an (Album) Artist.
When the number of albums exceed the screen width there is only the option to move forward (or backward) one album at a time.

Yes I have noticed this too and it could certainly be improved upon.

If I may make a suggestion... instead of the arrow buttons moving one space over, what if they jump to the next group instead?
So for example, if there are 10 albums and 5 of them are displayed, clicking the arrow button would show you only the next 5 albums.
Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 03:32:13 PM by Alumni