Author Topic: Expandable View in the Artwork layout  (Read 112335 times)

silvestreccf

Very good, I never imagined it to Bee,  this is  spectacular, is this that does it better than other playes, he can have it all.

Only a bug in some albums I play music and plays another.

Although you could make the Thumbnailbrowser  load  autolists, that colun should load something more helpfull, covers we have a lot now.

hiccup

I agree with this, showing the album art for a second (or even third) time is not very useful, and having some more info fields in the panel could be more useful.

Would it be an idea to dim the brightness of all other albums when one album is selected?
In my mind this could look very sophisticated and well-purposed, and would also allow for more info in the collapsed window.

silvestreccf

With  Thumbnailbrowser  load  autolists, you could put a top most played album in this area, or any autolists you want.
to me I prefeer to make a kimd of Billboard top artistis or album. what do you thing?

I agree with this, showing the album art for a second (or even third) time is not very useful, and having some more info fields in the panel could be more useful.

Would it be an idea to dim the brightness of all other albums when one album is selected?
In my mind this could look very sophisticated and well-purposed, and would also allow for more info in the collapsed window.

hiccup

I'm not sure we're on the same page here.
My suggestion is mainly to completely remove the album art from the expanded panel, and simply highlighting the concerning album by dimming all other album arts in view.
This would give more space for more info about the specific album. Such as maybe genre, musicians, custom tags, etc. etc.

Maybe we agree about something here, but I think I probably don't understand your remarks on Billboard and autolists.

ChristopherE

You can choose not to have album art in most places.

hiccup

I don't understand what you mean.
Are you saying you can already turn off album art in expanded view?

galactica12

I seem to be having the same odd problem regarding selecting one song and it playing another. Mainly happens in albums with over 50 songs in it though.

silvestreccf

(my english is bad, I use Google)

*the idea is that the thumbnail browser load a specific  autoplaylist  (thumbnail browser its that vertical bar with small covers)
*Imagine a playlist that  shows  most played  songs by you. (Kind Top 50 Most played)
*Imagine also that the thumbnail browser, now shows something that  already is in the player,  What you see in main panel its the same in  thumbnail browser

Remove thumbnail browser and all covers is taking the beauty of a resource that was created perfectly, unique, something that make this player better than others.

I'm not sure we're on the same page here.
My suggestion is mainly to completely remove the album art from the expanded panel, and simply highlighting the concerning album by dimming all other album arts in view.
This would give more space for more info about the specific album. Such as maybe genre, musicians, custom tags, etc. etc.

Maybe we agree about something here, but I think I probably don't understand your remarks on Billboard and autolists.

silvestreccf

Remove thumbnail browser and others album art is taking the beauty of a resource that was created perfectly, unique, something that make this player better than others.

Steven

• Administrator
I seem to be having the same odd problem regarding selecting one song and it playing another. Mainly happens in albums with over 50 songs in it though.
are you using the very latest version from May 1?
and if so,
- how do you initiate playback
- does the album have separate discs
- a screenshot of your Now Playing preferences

ChristopherE

I don't understand what you mean.
Are you saying you can already turn off album art in expanded view?

No you can't get rid of it there but you can in the now playing window and most other places. The thing is the expanded view shows what you have selected in the main window, not what is currently playing, so you can end up with different art work in the now playing to the expanded view.

I like the way it works now. Even works when grouping by composer, which is very useful for classical music collections.

Steven

• Administrator
i'm open to making the fields displayed in the track list configurable (and hence requiring more space) but not to remove the album cover as i think its important feature for colouring the album panel and so making distinct from the rest of the panel.
It might not be until the next release though
Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 11:03:33 AM by Steven

Alumni

I've noticed that in the expanded menu text is cut off at the bottom when using custom fonts, this is especially noticeable for the year displayed under album covers when grouped by artist.
Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 03:32:46 PM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
can you post a screen shot and let me know what custom font you are using

Alumni

can you post a screen shot and let me know what custom font you are using

I'm currently using Ubuntu 10pt regular (download link). Some other custom fonts also have the same issue.
(click image to expand)

Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 01:13:17 PM by Alumni