Author Topic: Expandable View in the Artwork layout  (Read 112300 times)

redwing

Sigma

I have a 2 CD album with 40 tracks on it. Here's how it displays in the expandable view: -

http://i.imgur.com/omvNQw9.jpg

The first 2 columns have 11 tracks in them, but the third only has 10, then the fourth has the remaining 8.

How come it displays like this rather than the first three columns having 11 tracks each, with the final column having the remaining 7?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Could the titles be extended a little farther than this?  I would think at least half the remaining space could be used without looking crowded.

MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

Could the titles be extended a little farther than this?  I would think at least half the remaining space could be used without looking crowded.

Should already show titles longer than that even with ratings and love enabled.

Try disabling any other fields except title with Configure Layout pane.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Should already show titles longer than that even with ratings and love enabled.

Try disabling any other fields except title with Configure Layout pane.

Ah, you're right. I thought the other fields would be displayed below the track, the same way compilations and feat. artists are handled.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
I thought the other fields would be displayed below the track, the same way compilations and feat. artists are handled.
thats not a bad idea - i will have a look at that

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I thought the other fields would be displayed below the track, the same way compilations and feat. artists are handled.
thats not a bad idea - i will have a look at that

Cool!  :)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Sigma

@scampbll - How come it says "Disc 1" and "Disc 2" in your screenshot? Mine just has a blank line between discs. Is there a setting somewhere for that?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
@scampbll - How come it says "Disc 1" and "Disc 2" in your screenshot? Mine just has a blank line between discs. Is there a setting somewhere for that?

In the Configure Layout settings, set a field (such as Disc #) for the subheader.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
How come it displays like this rather than the first three columns having 11 tracks each, with the final column having the remaining 7?
thats fixed for the next v2.4 update

Also i have changed the handling for any extra display fields that you might configure so they now display under the track title in a smaller font (in the same way that the artist field displays for compilations)

Sigma

Thanks gents! I use 01, 02, 03 etc. for disc numbers in tags, so it doesn't look as good. Would it be possible to add "Disc 1", "Disc 2" etc. as separator options that aren't reliant on tag info? I don't really want to have to edit all of the tags of my multi-disc albums, but it looks good when those separators are used in the expandable view, as in scampbll's screenshot in post #140.

Pingaware

Thanks gents! I use 01, 02, 03 etc. for disc numbers in tags, so it doesn't look as good. Would it be possible to add "Disc 1", "Disc 2" etc. as separator options that aren't reliant on tag info? I don't really want to have to edit all of the tags of my multi-disc albums, but it looks good when those separators are used in the expandable view, as in scampbll's screenshot in post #140.

I'm certain you could do it with a Virtual Tag without much effort. Haven't got the time to work out the formula for you now though.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Also i have changed the handling for any extra display fields that you might configure so they now display under the track title in a smaller font (in the same way that the artist field displays for compilations)

This is awesome, Steven!  Check it out (showing Performer credits):

MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Sigma

There's only one thing left that bugs me about this now.

When you click on an album and the expanded view opens, the white "highlighted" box appears around the album art just for a fraction of a second. If you close the expanded view, the white box comes back and stays on screen.

When it flickers like that, it looks like it's a bug or that it's not meant to be happening. To me, it should work in either of these ways: -

1. When you click on an album, the white box appears around the album art and stays there while that album is highlighted, regardless of whether the expanded view is open or closed.

2. When you click on an album, the expanded view opens but the white box does not flicker on and off. If you close the expanded view, the white box appears so you know which album is highlighted.

But yeah, right now it looks like it's something that shouldn't be happening and on my PC, the box flickers on and off so quickly that it's basically pointless.