Author Topic: Expandable View in the Artwork layout  (Read 112357 times)

Steven

• Administrator
The more I use this feature, the more I like it. Thank you Steven.

Maybe a possibility for future versions could be the incorporation of the sub-grouping header from the 'Album and Tracks' view.

I'm going to second this request. If you could manage it, it would make this view even more fantastic. Here's hoping! Thanks Steven.
i've actually already done this (minus font customisation) but not made it visible - it doesnt look that great when there are multiple columns displayed. I will revisit this before the 2.4 release is finalised

Pingaware

That's great! Thank you so much Steven!
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

- you can now add up the 4 extra fields in the expanded panel
- you can define a sub-header field so tracks are grouped under a sub-header

Steven

• Administrator
please re-download the link as there was an unrelated introduced bug with saving files throwing an error when saving files in the inbox for auto-organised libraries

Steven

• Administrator

now allows sorting the albums by year (asc) or year (desc) when grouping by artist. You will need to redo the album sort setting if you had it enabled before

redwing

Regarding Play Now button (red-circled):

- Upon a click, it adds tracks to now playing list always in alphabetical album title order regardless of the currently selected album sort. From the screenshot above, it should add and play "Little Voice" album first.

- The button could toggle to play and stop icon, rather than keep showing play icon, indicating whether the selected artist is playing. Also the button could have a slightly different color/shade from artist name/album title.

Alumni

- you can now add up the 4 extra fields in the expanded panel
- you can define a sub-header field so tracks are grouped under a sub-header

Thanks, great addition! This feature is shaping up really nicely.

I'm hoping you can add one more thing to make this work perfectly with my setup, the ability to swap "album artist" with "sort album artist" under the album name in the expanded menu (and if "sort album artist" matches "artist", then the "artist" field is not shown under the song title).

Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 06:45:33 AM by Alumni

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Could you add the ability to quick-rate the selected album(s) via contect menu? I would also love auto-tagging options for track in this context menu. The same for the artwork used in the expanded panel for uniformity (+ search internet for picture and auto-tagging for album).

+1

Actually, I would just like to see this view have the same context menu as any other.  I'm very confused as to why it doesn't.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

vzell

ChristopherE

When using the inbox I have found that the tags are not being saved correctly. For instance if you select one or two tracks and rename the album the whole list of tracks are renamed not just the ones selected. 

Went back to version 2.3 to see if it was a new bug or a fault with my database but 2.3 works with out a problem.

I was using the latest version of 2.4.

I will upgraded it again to see if it was one of the plugins that was the issue.

Steven

• Administrator
Could you add the ability to quick-rate the selected album(s) via contect menu?
do you mean right click/ Album Rating? that should already be there in all cases except when you click on the artist picture.
I see Auto-tag by Album and Search Internet for Picture are missing when grouping by artist is enabled and you click on one of the album covers so i will add that

Steven

• Administrator
I'm hoping you can add one more thing to make this work perfectly with my setup, the ability to swap "album artist" with "sort album artist" under the album name in the expanded menu (and if "sort album artist" matches "artist", then the "artist" field is not shown under the song title).
unless other people +1 this i dont think this is a general enough requirement to justify adding to complexity of options available/ the time to do this

Steven

• Administrator
When using the inbox I have found that the tags are not being saved correctly. For instance if you select one or two tracks and rename the album the whole list of tracks are renamed not just the ones selected. 
the only way i can reproduce this is by not right clicking on the selected tracks eg. select a couple of tracks but right click on the picture. I see there is a bug that it doesnt clear the selected tracks so i will fix that

Steven

• Administrator

- Upon a click, it adds tracks to now playing list always in alphabetical album title order regardless of the currently selected album sort. From the screenshot above, it should add and play "Little Voice" album first.
- this should be fixed now. I have also made the play button a slightly different colour but depending on the background/foreground colours its barey noticable to quite noticable
- right clicking on an album cover when grouping by artist now shows the
- fix display of clearing of selected tracks when right clicking on a picture