Author Topic: SoundCloud search  (Read 17061 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
i've made the following changes:
- added ex.fm as a source for searches
- an icon indicates downloadable soundcloud tracks (no ex.fm tracks are downloadable)
- clicking on the soundcloud icon for a track opens the soundcloud web page for that track using the musicbee internal browser
- mouseover the soundcloud icon shows a tooltip with the upload date and user who uploaded the track

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Geez Steven --- just when I thought MB couldn't get any better, you spring this on us.  It's a fantastic addition.  And today's changes make the best even better!!
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Diedrict

greatness.

can add column "uploaded date" for sort ?

greets

ProfessorMarvel

Tried a different browser and it worked. Weird.

Sorry, my error.

Jerm56

Thanks for all the work into this! Love this feature more than you know

One small issue though:
I want to build up a playlist full of unreleased soundcloud tracks....a lot of tunes I love probably won't ever get released, and I prefer streaming to downloading low quality rips.

So if I search a song via the track search and drag it into my library/playlist without first starting the stream up, it will look like #2 in the playlist.
http://i.gyazo.com/c10d40e762052fcf10f57553337c9eb4.png

But if I stream a second of the track and then add it to my playlist while it's playing, it retains all its soundcloud data in my playlist, like #3 for instance.

Could you fix it so I can drag and drop tunes from the search without having to first play them and have them still retain their soundcloud data?

Also amazing job with this one! Coming from a huge soundcloud junkie, this will definitely help me in the future. Hope to see the feature expanded more in depth in future updates!  ;D

edit:
How possible would it be to sync up my soundcloud profile so that I can import my soundcloud 'likes' ? Or better yet link it so I have a playlist that constantly monitors my soundcloud.com/myprofile/likes and auto-updates with my current likes?   Maybe even a playlist too for  'my tracks'  , stuff I've uploaded?  Or also so I can browse the most current 100 tracks on my soundcloud stream?   Just spitballin ideas, this feature has so much promise   :)
Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 05:18:55 AM by Jerm56

Steven

• Administrator
i have added a separate column for the upload date and fixed the tag preservation for when an unplayed track is added to a playlist (existing tracks would need to be resomved and re-added)

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip
Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 12:30:24 PM by Steven

Diedrict

i have added a separate column for the upload date

= improves greatness

greets

Diedrict

please fix <url> used in send to ext.

greets

Steven

• Administrator
i would say the issue is with your tool - perhaps it cant handle "\\" in a string

Diedrict

i would say the issue is with your tool - perhaps it cant handle "\\" in a string

correct. thank you.

greets

Diedrict

mb now prevents my tool with "Send to external tools disabled" - bad :'( this was not present earlier, can you please remove

greets

AmberSequoialty

Now MB is searching only preview files (with 128 bitrate). But Soudcloud allows to download audio in better quality (256-320 or even WAV/AIFF). Not direct, but main link is "address of file"/download (for example: https://soundcloud.com/djkolya/kolya-kazantip-podcast-z-22/download). Via Web-browser plugin I can listen either files (source and "available for download") at Promodj: there is no necessarity to download music to any drive (HDD/USB). So I want to have the same opportunity with Soundcloud. Steven, can you do something with this plugin, in order to take access of better quality files? Maybe, MB ought to cache whole files an then play it, not play untill they will be downloaded. 'Cause 128 bitrate isn't enough for enjoying music...

doffactory

I am listening a lot on phone where I am Liking many tracks. I just discovered your plugin, and I wonder whether it would be possible to load a user's Likes playlist... I was not able to figure out whether and if yes how is this possible... any advice is welcome!

adanteh

Is it possible to search based on soundcloud user / create a playlist based on user tracks?