Author Topic: Embedded Tempo and Pitch Control  (Read 6260 times)

brain4711

Hi!

I'm planning to develop a plugin to control the tempo and/or pitch of the output audio signal. There shall be two sliders (one for tempo and one for pitch) embedded in the main-window to control the parameters in real-time.

I assume that for the audio-processing a dsp-plugin is required, so I cannot use the MusicBee Plugin API and have to switch to the winamp API.
I already managed to get one to work (Used some C++ code from the Winamp SDK 5.55), but the problem is that the dsp plugin has no access to any UI parts and accordingly I dont know how to get the sliders into the Mainwindow. I definitely want to avoid having a separate window for the sliders.

Maybe I can solve this by creating two separate plugins. One dsp plugin using the winamp API and another one managing the sliders and implementing the MusicBee API. But then the problem is, how can theese two plugins communicate with each other. The parameters of the DSP plugin have to be updated when the position of a slider is changed.

Someone who can help me?
Thanks in advance :)

Cafon

I would love to see this feature on MusicBee. Is very good option for musitians guitar player like me :-). thanks

mrbenn

I know this is an old topic / wrong thread, but yes. A turntable style pitch control would be an awesome feature.