Author Topic: Still Can't See Mapped Network Drives  (Read 2938 times)

JTeagle

I've installed the latest available version and MB still refuses to see mapped network drives. It can see a virtual DVD drive (and the real one), and the fixed disk... but all of the drives mapped from my NAS don't show (I have it set to show all folders, not filtered).

If I try to add a network share it still can't see the NAS, but that may be that I had the NAS set on the wrong subnet and I have not rebooted the laptop yet. However, that should have no bearing on being able to see mapped network drives, regardless of their source, because to the system they are just normal drives with letters - any program could open a file on such drives as if it were a local fixed drive.

Since I am also unable to drag files into a playlist under Win 8.1, I basically can't play any music. I would really like to see this fixed as MB seems to be the best program I have found for managing and playing music. I have had it working in the past but I don't know how I did it... it is resisting all attempts to get it working this time {:v(

(It would also be nice to be able to right-click in a playlist window (or on the playlist entry in the tree itself) and select Add Files... or Add Folders..., and for it to use a regular file-open dialog from the operating system... I could then manually enter the address to the files to add them.)