Author Topic: View- main Player Locked Down option  (Read 8558 times)

BeeBeeKing

When I use the above option and have it unticked for fullscreen as I don't full screen, and then close the program down and then restart the program, it is unlocked.....is that the intended behaviour? Surely not as anyone who has the program locked down, would only have to close it and restart it to unlock it?  This is a feature I need, can this feature be added please, if intended behaviour?

Steven

• Administrator
thats the intended behavior - imagine if someone forgot the password.
I have moved this to the wishlist

BeeBeeKing

Imagine if you are using this as a shared computer and different people are starting and stopping the program and you don't want them to have full access.....that's where I was coming from. Password would be secured elsewhere. I also see your point. We have a use for it at the radio station, but we would need this feature.

Steven

• Administrator
i dont think i will do this as i can just see problems with people forgetting the password.
There should be ways to restrict access with starting musicbee if you google for some solution or perhaps other forum members have a suggestion

BeeBeeKing

Mostly we don't want them to be able to delete or edit playlists, but they do need to be able to start and stop Musicbee and play a playlist.

Steven

• Administrator
i've added a command line parameter
MusicBee /OpenMainPlayerLocked
so if you start musicbee from an icon on the taskbar, just edit Properties/ Target and append  /OpenMainPlayerLocked

But i am not willing to do more than that

BeeBeeKing

I 'm afraid I'm doing something wrong here as I can't get the shortcut to work.
Currently the Target is "C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\MusicBee.exe"  how do I modify that? ...........as everything I've tried causes an invalid path? And do I need to re download the program?

Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 02:04:15 AM by bluesbeat

redwing

You could create its desktop shortcut and modify its property.

BeeBeeKing

Yes I tried that but I just don't know how or hwere to append /OpenMainPlayerLocked in the target, tried all combinations but none seem to work.

redwing

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\MusicBee.exe" /OpenMainPlayerLocked

BeeBeeKing

Yes I've tried that, it simply opens in normal mode.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\MusicBee.exe" /OpenMainPlayerLocked

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes I've tried that, it simply opens in normal mode.

I don't think Steven's released a patch since he made that change.  He usually posts in the thread when he does.  But in case he didn't, you can always try downloading the last patch here: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Latest_Update
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

BeeBeeKing

thanks Steven.
I am noticing two problems:
1. The player controls do not appear until you minimize/maximize or change the size of the player.

2. When you hover over tracks in the main library and inbox, the comments dialogue (like a rectangular balloon)wipes out most of the screen. i did not notice this before, hopefully it can be turned off?