Author Topic: Request for the "remove silence" feature: Remove silence within the track  (Read 2394 times)

Cypher

I've got a request for the sound effect "remove silence at start and end of track". Could you also make an option to remove silence within the track? This is very handy for tracks with hidden tracks. These tracks has mostly a very long silence sequence in the middle of the whole track.
Here's an example of what i mean:

For the minimal seconds of silence for the silence removal to kick in, i think that 5 seconds is enough. It's preferable if there's an option to set the minimal second of silence if 5 seconds is not enough.

As last i would if this option could be implemented, that it doesn't require to enable the "remove silence at start and end of track" option. I don't use that option myself since it can skip a few seconds of the beginning or the ending in some songs. Maybe it's also an idea to revamp that option with the implementation of the requested feature.

Zak

• Global Moderator
It's more work, but I get around that by splitting the track into two separate files.
mp3directcut is best for that.
Bee excellent to each other...

Cypher

It's more work, but I get around that by splitting the track into two separate files.
mp3directcut is best for that.
Yeah i could do that, but I'd prefer to keep them unedited.

Anti

> Yeah i could do that, but I'd prefer to keep them unedited.

Not to detract from your wish, but do you know that other software/devices will not honour these settings?
So if you sync with a device, the version you hear in MB will be different to the version on the device.
For consistency sake, I use mp3directcut. It usually takes under a minute to edit a track.