Author Topic: Extended auto-playlists  (Read 9160 times)

stas

What means extending of auto-playlist?
Extended playlist is composed of blocks, where one block equals to usual auto-playlist.

Let me explain what I mean with a simple example.
We'll make a playlist that sounds like an ordinary radio.

One string here is equal to separate auto-playlist:

[Music Library] [Genre is Punk] [Year is after 2009]
[Inbox] [Genre Category is Rock] [limit to 2 items]
[Music Library] [Genre is Pop] [Rating is greater than ****]
[Podcasts] [Date Added is after 13.05.2010]

So we’ll get a playlist with:
-   1 fresh punk song
-   2 rock songs
-   1 famous pop song
-   1 podcast

We have to add loop now, this is it.

donjulien

+1
Really cool!

There used to be an mp3 player called Apollo that did something similar.

http://koti.welho.com/hylinen/apollo/docs/

Development of Apollo has stopped, and the design looks dated by today's standards, but the concept is there.

Steven

• Administrator
i have to admit i really like this idea as well and surprised no more +1's

stas

It's a really cool way to create well-balanced playlists.
Is there a chance that this feauture will be implemented in MusicBee (2.0)? =)

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
its in this one if you want to try it out:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dr55jw5r8q8ad33

i have called them Radio playlists - right click/ New radio-Playlist to create

Maleko12

This is pretty cool! Someone mentioned Apollo, and I really love the idea it has for its Advanced Playlist.
http://koti.welho.com/hylinen/apollo/docs/

I wish that for Radio Playlists there wasn't a limit for the amount of tracks and it could auto-update as well, but I guess then that Radio Playlists should be called something else then. ;)

Or, basically, an iTunes smart playlist for MB.

Probably I'm asking for too much, but one can wish for it :D

stas

Thank you Steven, dreams come true with the latest release.

I have been using the new beta for 3 days, and here are some things I want to say.
New radio-playlist are awesome and are exactly what I wanted when started topic. Since it is first version, there are some bugs, ideas and UI issues I would like to discuss. What do you think about them?

RP - Radio-playlist
AP - Auto-playlist

Ideas
   1. If I want to restrict RP to only songs from year 2010, I have to define this rule in every single AP inside the RP. When RP consists of many AP, it's pretty boring. There should be ability to define common rules for RP.
   2. User should be able to define artist repetition time for the entire RP.
   3. Now RP is generating on the fly. But user should also be able to define a way to generate RP similar to restriction rules in usual APs (for example, limit to 90 minutes).
   4. RPs are radio-playlists. On FM-station brand new tracks are usually played some times a day. In the Last Played match rule there are 3 conditions for is not in the last: days, weeks, months. Hours should be added to the list.
   5. Ability to copy APs and sort APs inside the RP.

Bugs
   1. Inside the AP when I select match rule and define has a value - field simply disappers, so I cannot write anything there.
   2. I have renamed the Custom1 tag in my library. But in the RP editor (list of track selection criteria) it is still shown as Custom1.
   3. When I remove any track from generated playlist, error appears after current song is finished. Musicbee even shows the log:
Code
MusicBee v1.2.4026.36505 (Win5.1), 12 ??? 2011 18:24:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=q5wKY4dgEBlriTxPjGf3hA_dq8lRcm8Ka$myKqonaWNg=.#=qmeq02VmcQKs_vtJ4tONXTuIGl96x72CyNE6pK49sOSs=()
   at #=qUvcWEOhIC14hEfnWaVECdd_L2cQjb8tsRR6dw47A5yg=.#=qJ8A4QOG6RCmrQrU7EcREZGR5U_izHZmWdf1Q1bx_jP4=(Object #=q2BrJQafIGvWQk5zuQwfTUA==, #=quazrxFQr$szhc5yig$doh7w9AFZqVjOUJdz6FJKr8kQXosAdE5r8zB55jNhWNjrS #=q77IDc$IsoBjz2b2xsVD$Wg==)
   at #=qL7ocTq_ttMwlHzcNlEgVhGgf05uivM9qoT$YZTup76I8wifo8dCLIVqwB7X0jTPX.OnClick(EventArgs #=q1CRxLM$dVwNhd_vjGt0ldg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

daak_grey

At the moment the window is not resizable or scrollable so if you add more than five entries the lower ones become inaccessable.

I second the request for a feature similar to autoDJ where you can prevent an artist being played again X tracks.

It would also be useful to be able to have no condition with an entry. I have set up separate auto-playlists for different genres and it would be good to be able to tell the radio playlist to play songs from playlist A then playlist B etc without having to add a condition.

This is a great new feature, I'm always amazed that musicbee just keep getting better, many thanks for all the hard work.

Blinghound

I definitely think the window should expand automatically when more entries are added.

I have also had a bug on a few occasions where I would set up an entry (for example, Artist - Is - The Appleseed Cast), update, and when I go back to the entries, it will have defaulted to BPM - Is - '(random number)'

Steven

• Administrator
this fixes the extending the window size (cant believe it didnt notice that!)
http://www.mediafire.com/?0q1s91qae7edz2a

i will look at the requests on the weekend

Steven

• Administrator
this fixes the bug where you delete a track from the generated radio playlist
http://www.mediafire.com/?gewt365g73kpvt6

Steven

• Administrator
   2. User should be able to define artist repetition time for the entire RP.
   4. RPs are radio-playlists. On FM-station brand new tracks are usually played some times a day. In the Last Played match rule there are 3 conditions for is not in the last: days, weeks, months. Hours should be added to the list.
http://www.mediafire.com/?x59qv22ixl3q986

Bugs
   1. Inside the AP when I select match rule and define has a value - field simply disappers, so I cannot write anything there.
   2. I have renamed the Custom1 tag in my library. But in the RP editor (list of track selection criteria) it is still shown as Custom1.
   3. When I remove any track from generated playlist, error appears after current song is finished. Musicbee even shows the log:
1 - thats the intended behavior as it means any value - use "Is" to specify a specific value
2 - its not really a bug as thats how i have programmed it, but i know its not ideal
3 - fixed
Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 10:05:23 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
i've also added in Alt Up/ Down key support so you can re-order the playlists
thats in the beta update