Author Topic: Vertical Thumbnail Browser enhancements  (Read 5022 times)

hardo

Great addition this was, thanks.
As was requested in a previous post, it would be nice to have the ability to adjust thumbnail size here for those with larger monitors. Perhaps just a default / medium /large selection would suffice.
Also
It is updating the thumbnail artwork with artist images from the web, which is taking FOREVER. I.e. an option for the thumbnail selection to simply choose a random album cover that exists within the files, would be almost instant. I don't store any images in a folder within the artist, i always embed the album art.  I realise the logic for it not to be album cover specific, but where the thumbnails are so very small, the picture is hardly visibly identifiable anyway.
ta

PS, i just found where this downloading Artist art is hiding, and whilst they are all good quality images, it may be an idea in the 'Show Album Art' floating window to add the selection 'Artist Pic' in addition to the existing  'Playing Tracks' and 'Selected Tracks'  displayed art options, and just link it to these files.
Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 12:49:02 PM by hardo

DaBo

I think it's just am matter of time, but I want to mention it anyway:

:: The ability to sort the selected view (for example by year) would be awesome.

The general idea of a thumbnail browser is just great but as I like to have my albums sorted by year,
this is a feature I'm really missing at the moment.

hardo

Steven,
How do i know if you have read my post or not? - is there some indicator?
Perhaps you should add an indicator in, then we will know you have seen it and we shouldn't persist thereafter, knowing you will apply it if you find the time and or think its a worthy mod.
Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 07:13:51 AM by hardo

silvestreccf

Great addition this was, thanks.
As was requested in a previous post, it would be nice to have the ability to adjust thumbnail size here for those with larger monitors. Perhaps just a default / medium /large selection would suffice.
Also
It is updating the thumbnail artwork with artist images from the web, which is taking FOREVER. I.e. an option for the thumbnail selection to simply choose a random album cover that exists within the files, would be almost instant. I don't store any images in a folder within the artist, i always embed the album art.  I realise the logic for it not to be album cover specific, but where the thumbnails are so very small, the picture is hardly visibly identifiable anyway.
ta

PS, i just found where this downloading Artist art is hiding, and whilst they are all good quality images, it may be an idea in the 'Show Album Art' floating window to add the selection 'Artist Pic' in addition to the existing  'Playing Tracks' and 'Selected Tracks'  displayed art options, and just link it to these files.

Vertical Thumbnail Browser  should load lists and auto lists, this would be very iportante couse you could, see you favorite list any time, like my recent add files.

Anti

> How do i know if you have read my post or not? - is there some indicator?

Generally Steven will post in the thread if he's thinking about implementing an idea. Either he'll continue the discussion about it, or post a patch with the change in. I did toy with the idea of suggesting Steven used a Trello Board to show users a development 'snapshot', but unless he found it useful for his own organisation, it would just mean less time actually developing.

> Vertical Thumbnail Browser should load lists and auto lists, this would be
> very important 'cause you could, see you favourite list any time, like my recent add files

It does, doesn't it? For example, when I click on the default 'recently added' autoplaylist,
I can see the albums listed by date added in the main pane, and the thumbnail browser
shows me the list of artists in alphabetical order.

What kind of behaviour do you think it should have when you click on a playlist?

silvestreccf

> How do i know if you have read my post or not? - is there some indicator?

Generally Steven will post in the thread if he's thinking about implementing an idea. Either he'll continue the discussion about it, or post a patch with the change in. I did toy with the idea of suggesting Steven used a Trello Board to show users a development 'snapshot', but unless he found it useful for his own organisation, it would just mean less time actually developing.

> Vertical Thumbnail Browser should load lists and auto lists, this would be
> very important 'cause you could, see you favourite list any time, like my recent add files

It does, doesn't it? For example, when I click on the default 'recently added' autoplaylist,
I can see the albums listed by date added in the main pane, and the thumbnail browser
shows me the list of artists in alphabetical order.

What kind of behaviour do you think it should have when you click on a playlist?

An independent way to load list, with this you could quickly access a list of the most recent albums or most played,
two ways to view albums becomes irrelevant, since what appears on the vertical bar also appears in the panel where the album are.

(It does, doesn't it? For example, when I click on the default 'recently added' autoplaylist,
shows me the list of artists in alphabetical order.) - The same information in two panels. when you could have your Music Library and you recent add album. this it would be amazing, would it?

Zak

• Global Moderator
Steven,
How do i know if you have read my post or not? - is there some indicator?
If your request appears in a later version of MusicBee it means Steven has read your post.
Bee excellent to each other...