Author Topic: Using Tags as Conditions for Auto-Playlists and Playlist Mixers  (Read 2356 times)

Pingaware

(Apologies if this has been posted before - I will admit I didn't do a thorough search! ;) )

I've come up with several situations recently where I've found that the rules available for Auto-Playlists are not quite comprehensive enough. I've been able to solve all but one of them with virtual tags, but this final one has got me stumped. I've been advised it can't currently be done, hence, wishlist request time!

Basically what I've found missing is the ability to use the tag values of the file in question for making rules. For instance, I'd have liked to have the rule "Custom Tag - is less than value of - Album Trackcount". That one I solved with virtual tags in a way I was very pleased with. However, the one that I haven't solved is (for playlist mixers) "Play songs from playlist 1 until album changes". This is obviously quite a progression from the current group of rules, but if it and similar things could be done, I can see auto-playlists becoming even more powerful and impressive a feature than they already are.

Rule suggestions - is, is not, is less than, is more than <Another Tag>; play songs until <Tag> changes. I'm sure there are more that people could come up with. Any thoughts?
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.