Author Topic: New icon/logo  (Read 31664 times)

chorpo

I have forgotten about previous topic replies about headphones. sorry...

than what about whistling bee??

like this one but with oliverh72's bee (I really like adding mouth to bee, it's more human  :))

oliverh72

Just to be clear, that's V4lve's design. I'm just tweaking it.

As for whistling... I dunno. I could try something. I think simpler is definitely better, if at all possible. This moves more toward a slightly more busy look. I'll do a bit more work and come back with another couple comps, possibly a different direction.

V4lve

Just to be clear, that's V4lve's design. I'm just tweaking it.

As for whistling... I dunno. I could try something. I think simpler is definitely better, if at all possible. This moves more toward a slightly more busy look. I'll do a bit more work and come back with another couple comps, possibly a different direction.

I tried a whistling bee.  Didnt look very good  :-(  Generally I decided that the simple look was enough.  Anything else makes it too busy.  
Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 07:05:31 PM by V4lve

chorpo

and how about microphone??

like that in right down corner of this image:

V4lve

whistling bees and friends
Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:23:33 PM by V4lve

chorpo

That whistling bee is so cute, nice and clean. Definitely like that very much. I like also filetype icon for ogg.

If this is final version, Steven should do the magic and teach MB to set icons for music files associated with MB in Preferences > System > File types section.
Could you try making icon for PLS and M3U (or other playlist files)??

MusicBeeFan

That whistling bee is so cute, nice and clean. Definitely like that very much. I like also filetype icon for ogg.

If this is final version, Steven should do the magic and teach MB to set icons for music files associated with MB in Preferences > System > File types section.
Could you try making icon for PLS and M3U (or other playlist files)??

I still think that there should be a "generic media file" icon though. The whistling bee looks great for that. I think that the icon with the "play" symbol is meant for playlist types already. Maybe the triangle could be of a different color, for better contrast? I imagine opening a folder with a ripped CD and not being able to easily distinguish the playlist from the mp3 files when the icons are 16x16.

Steven

• Administrator
i also like the whistling bee icon as well. I think i know how to associate different icons with different file types (including showing a generic one at 16x16 and a labelled one at 32x32+ but i need to check that out as i havent done it before)

V4lve

I think I can make icons that show different things at different resolutions.  Will investigate.

Steven

• Administrator
its OK about the different icon resolutions as i am already doing the same thing with the existing MB icon, just with the same image at different resolutions. The thing i need to check is associating the different file types with different icons (i'm currently linking all the file types to MusicBee.exe if you have the option to associate filetypes with MB enabled)

V4lve

NoteBee and PlayBee

Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 09:40:05 PM by V4lve

north3rn.thund3r

I think the bee needs to look more like it's part of a media program. The 'sound waves' don't really look like sound waves unless you were told so. The whistling is a good idea and the music note integrated to the wing was interesting. I actually liked the icons that started off this thread, although they were quite raw. The headphones look cool when not at an angle.

V4lve

Wondered about headphones for a while but dismissed it.

Firstly the icon needs to fit in a square and be legible at 16x16 pixels (which is why my bee is round). The only real way to include headphones in a useful (functional) way would be to make them a major feature which dilutes the main concept (significant impact at 16x16).
Secondly the main unique concept to represent here is "Bee" IMHO.  Music is a very generic concept and much harder to represent uniquely . (How many apps do music? - thousands. How many are called Bee?).
Thirdly the "Bee" is not listening to music but playing it (for us to listen to), which is why I think a musical note is better.  It is much easier to integrate into the icon and has a more pleasing effect.

Ta

Steven

• Administrator
without passing comment on adding headphones or anything else, just want to make the point it doesnt have to be the case the 16x16 image is the same as the 32+ ones

V4lve

OK.  I have reduced it to two icons.  One for the app and one for the songs.  And added some bling...

Here are the Icons.

http://db.tt/u7tDQI
http://db.tt/UyXSb9

Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 12:22:12 PM by V4lve