Author Topic: Rainy Day  (Read 5738 times)

BSS

Honestly, this skin shouldn't be necessary. Problem is that the "Windows Theme" skin option only seems to be valid if you're using a default theme in Windows. Lots of elements don't seem to colour properly.

So because I'm one of these people who still use an old Windows Classic theme called "Rainy Day" (even in Windows 7 which didn't include it), it seemed necessary to make a skin. Posted here just in case there's somebody else out there who prefers their software to look normal.

Not really complete, since I couldn't figure out how to get menus to work. Pretty close. No mini or compact modes yet.

Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root>
<colours id="Default">
  <element id="Menu.DropDownMargin" bg="131,153,177" />
  <element id="Menu.DropDownSeparator" bg="79,101,125" />
  <element id="Menu.DropDownCheckBox.Default" bg="131,153,177" />
  <element id="Menu.DropDownCheckBoxBorder.Default" bg="131,153,177" />
  <element id="Menu.DropDownCheckBox.Highlight" bg="79,101,125" />
  <element id="Menu.DropDownCheckBoxBorder.Highlight" bg="79,101,125" />
  <element id="InlineMenuBar.Default" bg="131,153,177" fg="131,153,177" />
  <element id="Panel.Header.Default" bg="79,101,125" fg="189,194,195" />
  <element id="Panel.HeaderControl.Default" bg="131,153,177" fg="0,0,0" />
  <element id="Panel.LocationBarEdit.Default" bg="255,255,255" fg="0,0,0" />
  <element id="Panel.ChildHeaderControl.Highlight" bg="131,153,177" fg="0,0,0" />
  <element id="Panel.ChildHeaderControl.Default" bg="79,101,125" fg="255,255,255" />
</colours>
<settings>
  <element id="UseNativeButtonTheme">true</element>
  <element id="UseSystemColors">true</element>
</settings>
</root>

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Nice work!

The reason you're probably having trouble with menus is because many elements are dependent on having other elements in place.  I discovered that while testing; the menus were the hardest to get working correctly.

Here's a guide that might help, although I never was able to nail down all the dependencies: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Skinning_Elements
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

BSS

Eh. OK I discovered that my problem was the "UseSystemColors" setting needed to be set false, which I never would have guessed considering what I'm trying to do.

Nextest problem is Menu.DropDown.Highlight doing nothing. None of the skins I've looked at seem to have this working.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Glad you got that one figured out.  :)

Menu.DropDown.Highlight is working in Mellon Remix.  Try taking a look at that skin.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

mikebo

It seems Menu.DropDown.Highlight has no effect when using classic windows theme regardless of the UseSystemColors setting. I'll report this bug, maybe Steven can fix it.