Author Topic: Option to change default double click action in Windows Explorer  (Read 3896 times)

dusty-2011

Right now, the default double click (or Enter) action in Windows Explorer is to 'Play with MusicBee'. Using this option clears my existing Now Playing list, which is very annoying!! I would like to be able to change the default double click behavior in Windows Explorer from 'Play with MusicBee' to either 'Queue Next in MusicBee' or 'Queue Last in MusicBee'. I want to be able to change this behavior in the settings of MusicBee.

This option is present in Winamp. When I used Winamp as my default music player, my default double click action in Windows Explorer was to insert files at the end of the current playlist.

Right now, I have to right click on a file in Windows Explorer and then choose 'Queue Last in MusicBee', which is time-consuming. Matters are even worse when I have downloaded a music file in my browser. Then right clicking on the file in the browser's download manager does not show a 'Queue Last in MusicBee' option, so I have to use the 'Open Accompanying Map' option to open Windows Explorer, and then right click on the file and choose 'Queue Last in MusicBee'. When I used Winamp as my default music player, I could just double click on a file in my browser's download manager and the file would be added at the end of my current playlist in Winamp. I would like to be able to do this in MusicBee as well.

In MusicBee I constantly have to save my current Now Playing List to a file, out of fear of losing it. Because whenever I or someone else accidentally double clicks on a music file in Windows Explorer it will clear my current Now Playing List.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

Pingaware

+1 as well. Although a tip for dusty - if you right-click on the now playing list, you should get the option "List>Undo Changes" which should allow you to undo that unwelcome clearing.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

dusty-2011

+1 as well. Although a tip for dusty - if you right-click on the now playing list, you should get the option "List>Undo Changes" which should allow you to undo that unwelcome clearing.

"List>Undo Changes" does not work for me when the playing list is cleared due to double clicking on a music file in Windows Explorer. This option just removes the song that is added to the Now Playing List from the Now Playing List, it does not restore the songs which were previously in my Now Playing List.

Pingaware

"List>Undo Changes" does not work for me when the playing list is cleared due to double clicking on a music file in Windows Explorer. This option just removes the song that is added to the Now Playing List from the Now Playing List, it does not restore the songs which were previously in my Now Playing List.

Hmm, I could have sworn you used to be able to undo multiple changes to the list. I can now only reproduce the behaviour you describe as well. That's a shame.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.