Author Topic: Sort by Artist and Title  (Read 3693 times)

Wingus

I'm a long-time WinAmp user that just made the switch over to MusicBee, and I'm loving it so far - I just have one minor little wish for music-listing. I'd like music to be sorted by artist and title, meaning that the list is order via artist first, and the song titles are alphabetical for each artist. Right now the placement is seemingly random, which makes it a bit tricky to find a specific song for artists that I have a lot of music from.
Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:49:57 PM by Wingus

ma_t14

Right-click on a sorting column header> choose sort by > define custom sorting

alternatively you can click on the "artist" sorting column header and then while having the "Ctrl" key pressed click on the "title" sorting column to define the secondary sorting. You can continue doing the "ctrl + click" method to define additional sorting criteria

ma_t14

I find it a bit strange though that you want to have titles be sorted alphabetically. When playing an album tracks will no longer be played according to their track numbers.  I imagine that would be a problem for e.g. concept albums where tracks are a continuation of each other :-\

Wingus

Well, I very rarely listen to albums by themselves - I generally put everything in one huge list and turn on repeat all and shuffle. It does make a few particular songs seem a bit odd without their lead-ins, but it doesn't bug me. :)

ma_t14

Well, I very rarely listen to albums by themselves - I generally put everything in one huge list and turn on repeat all and shuffle. It does make a few particular songs seem a bit odd without their lead-ins, but it doesn't bug me. :)

Fair enough, listening habits are very much dependant on the genres you listen to I would think