Author Topic: Artwork Showcase  (Read 14427 times)

travelsoccerkid1

Here is a Theater Mode design that I've been working on for a while now.  After some positive feedback, I've decided to post it here to share with all of you.  I call it Artwork Showcase as it showcases artist and album artwork within a clean, professional-looking design.  It's based on Alexis's Artist Gallery view and features a sidebar with a working Now Playing album tracklist as well as a preview of the next song in the queue.  Let me know what you guys think and what improvements you would make.  Hope you like it!

XML File download: (10/31/13)
Artwork Showcase.xml

Many thanks to Steven and redwing for their help in working out some of the bugs.

UPDATED XML File: (7/20/14)

Artwork Showcase.xml

Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:22:57 AM by travelsoccerkid1

Iasc

Bratpfanne

Sadly it doesn't work for me.
Got a 1680x1050 screen and the right half with the next Song and the Playlist is cut out.

travelsoccerkid1

Can anyone enlighten me how to set the widths and heights as dynamic variables that adjust to the user's monitor size so that this TheaterMode design can be used by those without a 1920x1080 monitor?

travelsoccerkid1

Hey guys, sorry about the REALLY long delay in updating this.  My senior year of college became really busy, and I didn't have the time to play around with MusicBee code.  But now that I'm finally graduated, I've been able to fool around with it.

Here is an updated version using the anchors and docks.  For anyone not using a 1920x1080 screen, can you please let me know if it looks okay?  I've also defaulted the right-hand column to show the song's lyrics.  Clicking the name of the album currently playing on the bottom left of the screen changes the right-hand column to display the album's tracks like before.  Clicking on the name of the song currently playing returns the right-hand column to the show song's lyrics.

The player bar in the top left corner shown in the screenshot is only visible when you move your mouse.  It disappears after a few seconds.

http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/90716331/file.html

Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:44:00 AM by travelsoccerkid1

jimmyk

Hello I'm new here, just wanted to say it's a great Theater View.

I also wanted to know, is there a way to create a custom rotation of artist pictures? Instead of getting one background image taken randomly fron the internet, I would like the background to be a rotation of several pictures I saved in the artist/album's folder.

Thanks.