Author Topic: Library dependent layout  (Read 3253 times)

bigelow13

Hi everybody

As musicbee can handle multiple libraries, I like to separate my classical and pop albums
The thing is that, where the "artist" field is really important in my pop library, the "composer" must be handy when I listen to classical music.

So I wondered if some elements of the layout could be library dependant: I think of the track browser columns, the songs list, and the grid view

Does anyone agree? =P

boroda

+1. I think that as much as possible MB settings should be stored on 'per library' basis.

Steven

• Administrator
i agree with chorpo's request but not having all settings separate in each library - infact that was the way MB was when first started and doesnt work well for many people

sondermann

I'm bumping this thread to ask if this feature is still on the radar (or has it been implemented in the meantime and I missed the settings?), bc it would make using separate libraries for classical music/jazz etc. so much more useful.

Steven

• Administrator
probably not. My suggestion would be to use one library and make use of library filters where you assign each filter to a specific view

sondermann

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't discovered that possibility yet and will try it out.