Author Topic: MiniLyrics Support  (Read 3999 times)

katzian

I love MusicBee, but I can't use it without MiniLyrics. I know you can't add support for MiniLyrics, but we can send a request from here: http://www.crintsoft.com/contactus.htm
There's actually no better lyrics software than MiniLyrics. And as I always sing, it's a must for me...

Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
i'm happy to approach the contact you provide.
but what are the main features you miss from evil lyrics that arent provided in MB (i've never used it myself but i gather it has its own lyrics database - is that right?)

Antonski

but what are the main features you miss from evil lyrics that arent provided in MB
What I miss is a possibility to add timestamps while listening. If there is such, I must have overlooked it. Although I don't like exactly the way in MiniLyrics (F7 put the current timestamp of the current line and moves the cursor to the next one), I think I can easy get used to that. Of course, the MiniLyrics approach would be very useful on a laptop without external mouse. I liked another plugin for WA where it was possible to add the current timestamp (or a second one for the end of displaying time) by the right mouse button.
Maybe both methods can be implemented in MB?

katzian

i'm happy to approach the contact you provide.
but what are the main features you miss from evil lyrics that arent provided in MB (i've never used it myself but i gather it has its own lyrics database - is that right?)
First, it's MiniLyrics, not EvilLyrics  :D. MiniLyrics is capable of displaying "floating lyrics", with mouse click through (or not). Works with lrc files, has a very large database (which any user can contribute to). It is free with a little 1-time pop-up, and you can buy it if you want. There's no media player that has a built-in or plugin based lyrics support with the features of MiniLyrics.

Antonski

MiniLyrics is capable of displaying "floating lyrics", with mouse click through (or not). Works with lrc files, has a very large database (which any user can contribute to).
MusicBee can display lyrics in floating window - just choose this option from "Now Playing - Lyrics" panel.
Also, if a lrc file is stored in the same directory with the same name as the music file, lyrics will be displayed.
As for the big MiniLyrics DB, this might be useful, especially now when lrcdb.org is down. :(