Author Topic: Improvements for Album and Tracks view with list heading  (Read 50762 times)

vivadavid

This is great, Steven: thanks!

However, I'd like to know what the others think about something. In cases where an album consists of two CDs and there are some bonus tracks at the end of the second disc, I think it'd make more sense if the space between the bonus tracks and the rest of the tracks of the second disc were smaller than the space between the tracks of the first CD and those of the second CD. After all, there's a closer connection between these two groups of tracks in the second disc.

Look at this example, and tell me, guys, if it wouldn't look more consistent if the second space were smaller (maybe half?) than the first space:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17615125/foros/Musicbee/space_sub_head.png

The way it is now would make me think that there are three discs and that the bonus tracks are in the third CD.

Steven

• Administrator

vivadavid

Well, in that case, I'll see whether it's best for me to have a space or not. Thanks anyway!
Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:49:57 PM by vivadavid

Zak

• Global Moderator
I think it'd make more sense if the space between the bonus tracks and the rest of the tracks of the second disc were smaller than the space between the tracks of the first CD and those of the second CD.
I think that's over-complicating it. I also can't think of any simple way to indicate which heading should get a "full" gap and which should get a "half" gap.
Bee excellent to each other...

vivadavid

Well, I would have thought a full space before DISCNUMBER and half the space before a subheader, but I've tried it again without the space for the subheader and the separation is enough for me: it looks good!

Pingaware

I have already added an option to insert an extra space before the sub-header in the next v2.2 update.

But I still don't understand why the spacing is being inserted between 05 and 06. Is it there that you disable the sub-header?
There is then a space after the end of the first grouping before the next track.

This is brilliant, thanks very much Steven. And yes, it is between 5 and 6 that I disable the sub-header.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

paq

Haven't been around here for a while but now I'm back and just want to say thanks for this feature! It makes multi-disc albums look great! :)

marlonob

¡Thanks Steven!

I just hope you could keep in mind extend this feature (like more than one subheading, and the display in the left other fields that may have changed). I hope this don’t sound rude in english; it’s not meant that way: I know this could be too problematic, or too specific to my needs (or both), and I understand it.

You’ve made me very happy. Thank you again.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm already retagging everything with Disc Subtitles!

I'm having the same problem with the contrast setting for the new subheading as I have for the album details in this view - when I change the contrast, the text gets darker rather than lighter (sort of like the default black text is showing through, rather than the background color of the skin).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

I guess probably lots of people are using some sort of virtual tag, along with a few custom tags, for this new feature. Would be great if direct input of virtual formula is possible for sub-grouping header.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I guess probably lots of people are using some sort of virtual tag, along with a few custom tags, for this new feature. Would be great if direct input of virtual formula is possible for sub-grouping header.

+1

Also, to see what I mean about contrast, try changing it in the updated Mellon Remix skin.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

Did some tests, and it seems the contrast setting works the opposite way for skins with light background color for Album and Tracks layout when the element is set.

Steven

• Administrator
I'm having the same problem with the contrast setting for the new subheading as I have for the album details in this view - when I change the contrast, the text gets darker rather than lighter (sort of like the default black text is showing through, rather than the background color of the skin).
if you are refering only to when you use the skin override element, then that is fixed for the next v2.2 update. In the interim if you set the bg attribute of that element to the same colour as the background it should work

Thorbjorn

Selecting by sub-header seems to have a bug.

Here it works fine on the first disc:
http://i.imgur.com/8VSgkfT.png

When I select the second disc it also includes tracks from a different album:
http://i.imgur.com/7mQtiVk.png

Kaelri

Many thanks for adding this, Steven - I've been really looking forward to it.

This is actually great for videos, as well. I have a number of TV series in my library that also include companion media (movies, webisodes, etc), and it's really helpful to view each installment as a distinct unit: