Author Topic: New Mini Player  (Read 35506 times)

fossii

After the great improvement for the Compact player a redesign also for the mini palyer would be very great.
I really like the new itunes 11 mini player (with Cover).

So what do you think guys?

Steven

• Administrator
could you post a screenshot as i dont have iTunes 11 and dont want to upgrade

fossii

hi,

here are 2 screenshots.

It will be good, if the artist and tracktitle will be always visible

ma_t14

hi,

here are 2 screenshots.

It will be good, if the artist and tracktitle will be always visible

If something even close to that aesthetically/functionality wise could be achieved it would be incredible imo!

Zak

• Global Moderator
could you post a screenshot as i dont have iTunes 11 and dont want to upgrade
Don't you mean "downgrade"?  :)
Bee excellent to each other...

lnminente

No seek bar? :/
I prefer a fully bitmap skinnable miniplayer like i requested long time ago in a forgotten post

Edit: points #2 and #3 in Simplicity and consistency post http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8795.0
Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 12:20:50 PM by lnminente

Iasc

I prefer a fully bitmap skinnable miniplayer like i requested long time ago in a forgotten post

+1

Steven

• Administrator
this is one of the things i plan to do for v2.2 but it might be a while away

fossii

Steven

• Administrator
i've made a start on this (link is same as yesterday)
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_3/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

i've just made some relatively minor tweaks to the existing mini-player layout and posting this just to give people a chance to comment on the changes so far.
The next thing is i will enable vertical resizing of the mini-player and when you resize it vertically, it will go to a album picture/ text type format maybe similar to the iTunes layout.
Also what do people think of the new search function in the iTunes mini-player. On first glances it seems quite good. In MB you have the Now Playing assistant which i have added a button for in the amended mini-player but i guess the iTunes search feature has a more integrated feel. Whether it justifies the effort to make something similar i am not so sure.
Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 07:45:35 PM by Steven

ma_t14

I like the new changes. Personally I don't use the mini player much, if at all. Most of the times I prefer to use the full interface and have it minimized while doing other work. If I need to change song, pause or change the volume I use the media keys of my keyboard while for other tasks I simply maximize the window to do them. But generally the taskbar popup and the artwork popup are enough for my (limited) needs.

I know that many people don't share the same workflow so it's great that improvements are being made here.

lnminente

For minor tweaks I would move the seekbar to the bottom so when it's docked at the botton we could easily click in that thin seek bar. With that the size fo the Artist and title can be made bigger. Also would remove the stop button

redwing

I think the key decision would be whether to incorporate album art or artist picture to the player. If yes, then it could require a major redesign of the player with a little more height, refinement of controls, and some new features like mouse-over buttons. We could ask people for ideas and mock-ups. If no, I don't think there is much room to change with the current player layout except for some minor tweaks.