Author Topic: Functionality for higher quality artist thumbnails in artwork view  (Read 15258 times)

ma_t14

How do I take advantage of the new change? Resetting the cache seems to be doing nothing for me  :-\

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hmm, yes.  Testing it now, and most artists are showing no picture at all.  Is there something I can do to troubleshoot?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ma_t14

I deleted the artistthumb folder and restarted MusicBee. Artwork has started to generate right now and it seems that the majority are high quality.

Where can i find the paste artwork option though?

ma_t14

Something is terribly wrong. Many artists have wrong labels in artwork view unless you drill down to view it's tracks.

Video: http://screencast.com/t/qvPmPq77mnT

Steven

• Administrator
Something is terribly wrong. Many artists have wrong labels in artwork view unless you drill down to view it's tracks.
does that correct itself on the next restart?
dont worry i can reproduce this - the link below should fix it

Hmm, yes.  Testing it now, and most artists are showing no picture at all.  Is there something I can do to troubleshoot?
i dont know why that would happen if you just ran musicbee without deleting any folders before hand.
can you delete the Thumb sub-folder of your personal artist pictures location (by default in the "Artist Pictures" folder of your music library)
and then try again using:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip
Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 03:20:36 PM by Steven

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
i dont know why that would happen if you just ran musicbee without deleting any folders before hand.
can you delete the Thumb sub-folder of your personal artist pictures location (by default in the "Artist Pictures" folder of your music library)
and then try again

I won't be able to test on the same computer until this evening, but my portable install is behaving correctly (and looking really good!) after deleting the artwork folders in the AppData folder, with this update.  It didn't even create the Thumb folder until the old thumbnails were deleted, though.

Edit: Yup, very nice work!  Thumbs up!  (Pun intended after the fact.)
Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 03:45:40 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
anyone reading this topic, there should be no need  to (and you shouldnt) delete any folders in the AppData folder.
Just let musicbee run and the first time it runs, it will automatically refresh using higher resolution pictures where available - there was a bug where it didnt automatically do this in some cases but that should be fixed

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hmm, strange.  Maybe it just needed another restart, then.  But it was showing me all the old last.fm thumbnails the first time I ran it.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

vivadavid

I can't find the option to manually change the thumbail. I right click on a particular artist and I don't know what else to do.

Other than that, most of the pictures seem to have higher resolution now.

vivadavid

Also, I'd like to make a suggestion.

I'd like to start by saying that I only use the Artist tag (not the Band the or the Album Artist tag), and there are cases where I have two or more artists or composers on this tag because a particular album is made by two or more people (it's a collaboration). I'm thinking about the soundtrack from The aristocats, for example, by George Bruns and The Sherman Brothers.

So, would it be possible, if the name is not found (as in this case, where the Artist tag is "George Bruns & Sherman Brothers"), for MB to look for an approximation of the name (and in this case, I'm thinking about the first part of the tag, i.e. "George Bruns").

I hope this idea sounds good and can be implemented easily! Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
I can't find the option to manually change the thumbail. I right click on a particular artist and I don't know what else to do.
right click on the picture

Steven

• Administrator
its the "Paste Artwork" option. Its not enabled because you have no picture copied in the windows clipboard

vivadavid

You're right: I hadn't copied anything. Thanks!!

About what I suggested earlier: does it make any sense to you?