Author Topic: Functionality for higher quality artist thumbnails in artwork view  (Read 15263 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
My standard installation is working now, except (I noticed this with the portable, too, just didn't have time to test it) the artwork view loads to a certain point and then stops loading new images until I restart MB.  I haven't seen any pattern yet - sometimes it's a whole bunch of images, sometimes it's just a few.

Also, sort of a tangent, but Artwork view is not holding its spot after restarting.  It always returns to the top.

Hmm, worked the last time.  Maybe related to why the loading stops, some setting wasn't being saved because things were stuck?
Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:38:02 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
i have seen that myself - one of the source websites occasionally locks up and so it waits until timeout. For musicbrainz is 40 seconds so I will reduce that timeout for id lookup's

SimonBRT

this is a fantastic addition. i stopped using the artist thumbnails long ago because the last.fm ones were so poor.  its great to be able to use them again.  also want to mention the excellent work on making speed improvements to the artwork view lately.  on my system at least there is a very noticeable improvement. thanks!

SimonBRT

is there some way to force MB to restart the artist artwork search?  i currently have hi-res pics for the majority of the artists in my library approx. A-J but none from K onward.  I have tried resetting the artwork cache from the file menu, and MB has been restarted many times since using last updates on this thread.  Also tried resizing artwork, with and without 'fit to panel' selected.  nothing seems to trigger the hi-res artwork search again?  i have also begun uploading hi-res thumbs to fanart.tv for the artists from my collection that it is missing and would like these to be found by MB...

Steven

• Administrator
this increases the artwork layout drawing speed a bit and perhaps for some machines quite a bit:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

also it hopefully resolves the locking issue
and lastly it now additionally includes htbackdrops.org for artist thumb pictures

@SimonBRT
i will come up with an automated approach but if you want to reset the last.fm pictures, delete the AppData\ArtistThumb folder
if you also want to reset all artist thumbs including the high quality ones, delete the Thumb sub-folder of the artist pictures folder configured in Tags(2) preferences

SimonBRT

@SimonBRT
i will come up with an automated approach but if you want to reset the last.fm pictures, delete the AppData\ArtistThumb folder
if you also want to reset all artist thumbs including the high quality ones, delete the Thumb sub-folder of the artist pictures folder configured in Tags(2) preferences
Thanks Steven.  Deleted those 2 folders and the newest version has busily fetched new pics for all artists.  I would say at least 75% of all 400 or so artists in my library now have hi-res pics, it looks fantastic!  really loving this addition.  I think I will work on adding more pics to fanart.tv as MB has successfully added the first batch that I had approved by the site...

joejoe

This is a great addition, it really improves the artwork view. Thank you ;D