Author Topic: Shift + Play/Pause = Stop  (Read 7895 times)

lnminente

Those of use which removed the stop button for having almost no use, could be convenient having the stop function when listening an online radio.
So pressing Shift while clicking in the play/pause button could do the trick.

Analien

Or maybe one could press the right mousebutton and it would stop?

lnminente

For hotkeys we can choose one from Preferences\Hotkeys\(Multimedia|Playback):Stop but i was thinking in something mouse only or key+mouse like the command for banning a song in lastfm (Shift+heart). Right click would be nice too :)

Analien

Not everybody uses hotkeys for everything, me for instance, doesn't use it for more than maybe 5-6 features, so a rightclick would be the easiest way maybe. Or maybe to click with the middle mousebutton.

tompeto

The better would be to have an option to show or not the stop button in player control. (in the modern layout, of course)

Zak

• Global Moderator
+1

I assigned Stop to a keyboard shortcut because when reviewing new tracks, you can't move/rename/delete files in Windows Explorer until they are completely stopped in MusicBee.

If it is implemented it should be this:

So pressing Shift while clicking in the play/pause button could do the trick.

Not this:

a rightclick would be the easiest way maybe. Or maybe to click with the middle mousebutton.

Right-clicks are for context menus.

The better would be to have an option to show or not the stop button in player control. (in the modern layout, of course)
This would be better still, but it might not be feasible if it requires skins to be updated.
Bee excellent to each other...

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
if you have the MB icon in the notification area/system tray, you can already right-click to access the stop command.
you can also left-click the icon to bring up the track info, which also has player controls in the header
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Zak

• Global Moderator
I also just remembered that on Windows 7 (and maybe 8?) you can add a Stop button to the preview window shown when you hover over MusicBee on the taskbar.
Bee excellent to each other...

lnminente

I just tried and it seems it has been implemented but not reported. So thanks :)

By other side between my limited possibilities i implemented an almost hidden and minimal stop button in my Dusk.mod.lnminente, the sources are shared in its corresponding thread