Author Topic: New genre arrangement  (Read 3356 times)

J3Man

I would like to see ability to place genres on different "Pages" then organize them by the included fields. Also with a genre jump bar at top, bottom or wherever .

ma_t14

I would like to see ability to place genres on different "Pages" then organize them by the included fields.

Can you please elaborate as it's not quite clear what you mean

Also with a genre jump bar at top, bottom or wherever .

You can use the track browser (enabled by clicking on the view button next to the search bar> show track browser) to show vertically next to the main view and then make it so that it shows only 1 column, in your case the genre column (instead of the default three). Right-click on header of track browser>configure layout>1 column

J3Man

Thats kinda close. What I mean is if you search blues, country, metal whatever then a "Page" appears with only albums in said category. From there you sort by album, artist, year , wahtever.

J3Man

OK, I think that may work, but is there a way to delete certain Genres so there are only the ones I will use?

Zak

• Global Moderator
Create a filter that shows only the genres you're interested in at a particular time.
Bee excellent to each other...

ma_t14

I will add to what mrad said by saying that it's very easy to "move"/re-tag tracks from one genre to another when having the track browser open. You just drag and drop tracks from the main view to the desired genre in the track browser and the tracks will automatically be assigned to that genre.
Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 02:39:26 AM by ma_t14

ma_t14

Just realized you can achieve something similar to my track browser suggestion with the library explorer (open using the little upwards arrow located at bottom-left of the interface). Then you need to right click on the library explorer header and enable categories.

Thats kinda close. What I mean is if you search blues, country, metal whatever then a "Page" appears with only albums in said category. From there you sort by album, artist, year , wahtever.

While not being against such a feature being implemented (if there is enough support) I'm just wondering in what scenario would such a feature be useful. How would you personally use it? Your workflow in a sense.

Understanding your workflow also might help me (or someone else) suggest a way for you to achieve what you are looking for with existing functionality.
Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 02:43:30 AM by ma_t14

J3Man

Thanks guys. I think with your suggestions I will be able to find something that works for me.

ma_t14

Just edited my previous post, have a look.

EDIT

Nevermind, the track browser/library explorer are probably already doing what you describe. I might have misunderstood what you were saying
Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 02:47:47 AM by ma_t14