Author Topic: Custom Eq for multiple albums without presets ?  (Read 468 times)

gaiastar

Hi

May I ask to Steven if could be implemented a Custom Eq for multiple albums?
I mean if the code could allowed
I know there are many presets , but would be really amazing controll the EQ for many albums , in a custom way without presets
thanks
the settings for album

for custom Eq I mean this

MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

frankz

I do not understand this request.

You can make an unlimited number of your own presets (Save preset button) and then apply those presets to multiple albums right now.  How is this wish different than what can already be done?

gaiastar

I do not understand this request.

You can make an unlimited number of your own presets (Save preset button) and then apply those presets to multiple albums right now.  How is this wish different than what can already be done?
Hi
so since i have all bob dylan about 60 albums original and remaster, pink floyd original and remasters and so on , so I should create about what 200/400 presets ?
there are uses with huge library with 100.000 files ,not me , and they sould create how many presets?
thanks

frankz

How bad is the sound quality of those albums that you would need an individualized custom EQ for each file?  Maybe you need better audio sources  :)

EQ is generally used to compensate for deficiencies in playback equipment (headphones that have a frequency hump at an annoying level, for example), not to micromanage individual frequencies in each of 100,000 songs.  There are professionals who do that for us when they mix and master the albums.

Useless request IMO.  -1.

aktor

I would love presets for different outputs (speakers,  headphones)

gaiastar

How bad is the sound quality of those albums that you would need an individualized custom EQ for each file?  Maybe you need better audio sources  :)

EQ is generally used to compensate for deficiencies in playback equipment (headphones that have a frequency hump at an annoying level, for example), not to micromanage individual frequencies in each of 100,000 songs.  There are professionals who do that for us when they mix and master the albums.

Useless request IMO.  -1.
hi
they are all original cds so I guess high quality and flac files , there are different amps , some of them have higher frequencies , some with edge high frequencies and so on , and every user could find useful seeing different amps (different brands and models),  different speakers (different brands and models), headphones (there are a lot of different brands and models)
musicbee is used a lot by hi-end users
thanks

frankz

How bad is the sound quality of those albums that you would need an individualized custom EQ for each file?  Maybe you need better audio sources  :)

EQ is generally used to compensate for deficiencies in playback equipment (headphones that have a frequency hump at an annoying level, for example), not to micromanage individual frequencies in each of 100,000 songs.  There are professionals who do that for us when they mix and master the albums.

Useless request IMO.  -1.
hi
they are all original cds so I guess high quality and flac files , there are different amps , some of them have higher frequencies , some with edge high frequencies and so on , and every user could find useful seeing different amps (different brands and models),  different speakers (different brands and models), headphones (there are a lot of different brands and models)
musicbee is used a lot by hi-end users
thanks
Yes, that is exactly what EQ is for.  You tune it to the output equipment, not to individual songs. 

So you're now saying above that you don't need individual EQ for each song, just each piece of equipment?  That is entirely manageable using the preset structure already present in MB.  Just have a different preset for each amp+speaker or amp+headphone combination.  Problem solved.

Glad we could agree on this.  It seemed before like you were talking about having an eq for each separate album.  That's just overkill.

aktor

No. It is not. Totally wrong. Moreover new thing is AI live equalizing.

MotleyG

Actually it is totally right. Equalization should be used to adjust for equipment deficiencies, and personal listening preference. The actual individual recordings are mastered by the artist or the producer to sound as they intended it to be heard.

And for the record, any kind of AI is absolutely the last thing I want in my listening environment.

gaiastar

Actually it is totally right. Equalization should be used to adjust for equipment deficiencies, and personal listening preference. The actual individual recordings are mastered by the artist or the producer to sound as they intended it to be heard.

And for the record, any kind of AI is absolutely the last thing I want in my listening environment.
Hi
what do you think to ask to add Eq presets and Balance in the Auto Playlist/playlist?
Would be great to add Dsp in the Auto Playlist/playlist like VST ,right ?
Maybe Steven could say what does he think about it
thanks