Author Topic: Re-enable 'Saved Custom Searches'  (Read 2465 times)

Anti

I see that the custom search has recently been improved, so that the last search is remembered.

However, users also used to be able to save 5 searches for easy retrieval.
I was just wondering if that feature was going to be brought back at some point?

If I find myself using a custom search regularly, I'll usually be able to create an 'admin' autoplaylist for it instead.

But the advantage of also having a few saved searches, is that you can easily browse through individual sections of the library (filters & nodes). You just click on the section (filter or node) in the top-left pane, and then select the saved search. Whereas you have to edit an autoplaylist to change the section (filter or node) that you want to search.

Is anyone else missing the saved searches or is it just me?

An additional feature that I've always wanted, is to not have the search refreshed when you click on another section (filter or node). It would be great to be able to set your search up, and then simply click your way down the filters/nodes. At the moment, you have to reselect the search each time you change to another filter/node.

Again, is that just me?
Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 09:50:41 PM by Anti

Steven

• Administrator
if you use the same queries over and again could you not just create an auto-playlist for each under a "Custom Queries" playlist folder?

Anti

> could you not just create an auto-playlist for each under a "Custom Queries" playlist folder?

As I said above, I do that for queries where I'm searching the whole ('no filter') library. But to query each 'section' (filter) individually, you have to keep editing the 'music track source' in the auto-playlist (well, unless I made an auto-playlist for each section). However, I've got 13 'sections' (filters) in my library, and sometimes it would be nice to just select a saved custom search, and then click on each filter one at a time to view the search results section by section without the search resetting.

I don't know; maybe I'm the only one who wants to use the filters and search in that manner.

Steven

• Administrator
would having another file source on the auto-playlist: "Music Library - Active Filter" address the issue for you?

Anti

Yes it would, and actually that's a pretty clever alternative.

I think that would be useful for anyone who uses the library filters extensively.
I hope it's only a ten minute job!

Thanks!