Author Topic: Overhauled album art in the editbox  (Read 627 times)

Analien

I feel like mb needs some overhaul or enhacement in the albumart section.

When you open the editbox for an album or track and you want to search for albumart, you have to right click the square and select search internet. It would certainly be better and easier to just have a simple searchbutton below the albumart (and a button for opening a folder to select locally). Also if there is multiple versions of an album cover one has to do it all over again in the artwork tab, multiple times, whereas an option to save them all at the same time would be preferable instead.
Sometimes it takes several minutes to just to search and select multiple covers for a single album. Gven that I have (and probably many more mb-users) have very much music and files to edit, tag, move or whatever, I feel like this would be a very nice enhancement and a timesaver.

phred

• Global Moderator
Have you looked at MB's album art downloader?
Tools > Artwork > Downloader
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Analien

It does´nt download and save all the found artwork. I would prefer to save all the ones I want in one go (baked into the files) and not one at a time.

sveakul

I feel like mb needs some overhaul or enhacement in the albumart section.

When you open the editbox for an album or track and you want to search for albumart, you have to right click the square and select search internet. It would certainly be better and easier to just have a simple searchbutton below the albumart (and a button for opening a folder to select locally). Also if there is multiple versions of an album cover one has to do it all over again in the artwork tab, multiple times, whereas an option to save them all at the same time would be preferable instead.
Sometimes it takes several minutes to just to search and select multiple covers for a single album. Gven that I have (and probably many more mb-users) have very much music and files to edit, tag, move or whatever, I feel like this would be a very nice enhancement and a timesaver.
If you make a keyboard shortcut to Artwork Downloader, with one stroke you can open it to the selected file(s).  Then if you want, you could un-check "preview and choose each picture before saving"--but wouldn't you WANT to check first to see that the image being embedded (if you've chose that method in another dialog) is one you approve of first and not a bad match due to a tag error, or of low image quality?  Some things just take time if you want good results.