Author Topic: All album covers look the same after upgrading to new version of MusicBee  (Read 552 times)

cloparr

Having lots of problems with the display of my album covers. Prior to upgrading to the latest version, I was having problems with displaying the correct album covers for each artist. When I upgraded to the new version, all of the album covers became the same. What is going on? Here is a picture displaying the problem,.

By the way, You make so difficult to attach a picture or file to your support questions. Why!

Wouldn't it be very easy for me to click on the Insert Image Icon above and insert the picture from the directory where it is? I find it very intimidating and difficult to follow your steps on attaching a picture to my support question.

Thank you,

Charles.

phred

• Global Moderator
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About) INCLUDE THE LETTER (if any) AFTER THE NUMBER
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)
How did you update? (Reinstall, Unzipped)
What view are you using? (Artwork, Albums & Tracks)
A screenshot might help us here.

As for attaching a screenshot, the forum uses free software and that's just the way it is. The software does not give the forum admin a choice. I'm sorry you feel that following the instructions is intimidating, but as I said, we have no  control over that. Because of new users like yourself, we added the instructions to make including screenshots easier.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

cloparr

Thank you for getting back to me!

>Version: 3.5.8296
>How was MB installed? :Installer
>How did you update? Unzipped file
>What view are you using?: I would assume the it is "Albums'
>A screenshot might help us here: I tried sending you a screen shot, but it was to difficult to attach the picture.

Now, all of my music is showing the same album cover and as-soon-as I make several changes to correcting the album covers,  they all eventually become all the same again.

Note:
>This program has lots of bugs.
>This editor could be improved by using one that will easily allow you to attach a file to your message. The way you currently have to go about it is very archaic.
> I currently use MediaMonkey for my music and it is much more stable from a programing standpoint and it makes it easier to communicate with the support team. Also, the message editor makes it easier to attach support files or images to your support question.
> I was trying  BusicBee out to see if I would like to use it. But, I've been having problem-after-problem with MusicBee.
>It has to get better!

By the way! Are you a programmer to MusicBee or a support person?

Thank you,
Charles

hiccup

Why not stick with MediaMonkey?
It's nice software. (I've used it myself for a couple of years before moving to MusicBee)

If you have so many problems with MusicBee that you are not able to bring across and explain properly so that they could be verified to be either actual bugs (which is quite unlikely) or user errors, it seems a bit of a waste of time for both you and the people that might be willing and able to help you to invest time and effort in.

If you are still interested to use MusicBee, understand that if you create a post in 'Bugs', it is essential that you provide enough detailed information so that an assumed bug can be replicated by others.
Else it is not much more than complaining, and that should go elsewhere.
Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 04:29:36 PM by hiccup
searching the forum:    method 1   ·   method 2   ·   method 3                            latest MusicBee patches:   here                            all virtual tag functions:   here

phred

• Global Moderator
As hiccup stated, you've haven't given enough information for anyone to be able to confirm that you're reporting a bug. And further to that, it appears that you're not willing to help yourself by learning how to include a screenshot.

You say that "this program has a lot of bugs." I assume you're referring to the forum software. As I said previously, the forum software used is FREE software. The MB application is FREE software. There is no cost at all to use MB. Where is the  money supposed to come from to acquire/use forum software that costs money?

MB is developed by one person, in his spare time, as a hobby. He gets no revenue and therefore there is no paid support staff. Support is provided by fellow users, some more experienced than others, here on the forum. MediaMonkey on the other hand, has a paid version. That money helps cover the expense of development and support. So perhaps you'll feel a lot better by sticking with MM.

In my more than ten years of using MB, I can't recall anyone raising an issue such as you're claiming. Don't you think that with almost 11,000 forum members a "bug" as "critical" as what you mention would have been brought up before?

No, I'm not the sole programmer of MB. And yes, I'm a support person in that all forum members are here to help one another with support. Again, it's FREE software so please don't expect support. Especially when you can't provide answers to those trying to help.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

barlet

Very well said Phred! I have been using MB for hell of a long time and apart from a bug here and there, which I can say, are rectified immediately by Steven, it works without any hitches for long hours. I used it virtually every day, both the desktop and the portable versions. For me, it is the best programme in its genre and believe me, I have tried almost all others!