Author Topic: Output keeps changing back to default.  (Read 565 times)

krissasaur

I use a program called Voice Meter to control my audio (I am a streamer.) and this program allows you to have multiple virtual audio outputs. So for example, I used cable-D for all music.

Windows has a place where you can chose what goes to what output. Setting> Sound> Advanced Sound Options

My problem is that even if I tell windows that MusicBee is to use cable-D, the next time I open MusicBee, it is ignoring my settings, and I have to go back into the windows settings and set it to default, then back to Cable-D. I believe this is a MusicBee issue, and no other software has ever given me this issue before.

You can recreate my issue by using headphones. Set your default audio in windows to Speakers with your headphones plugged in, and then set your headphones to MusicBees' output in the Advanced Sound Options, then listen to music, it will be coming out of the headphones, restart MusicBee, it will switch back to the speakers.

Is there a way I can fix this? I really don't want to accidentally DMCA myself, and I also control my volume with Voice Meter so yea, I hope there is a solution.

frankz

Have you tried setting a permanent output device in Musicbee's player settings rather than leaving it as default?

krissasaur

Have you tried setting a permanent output device in Musicbee's player settings rather than leaving it as default?
I thought of this and looked, but I could not find this option? How would I do this?

Edit: Wait! I found it! Preferences > Player

Fingers crossed!
Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 06:14:05 PM by krissasaur