Author Topic: Importing m3u files into MusicBee  (Read 1434 times)

rb5150

My main computer died, so I had to move everything to another computer.  Fortunately, all my music files are on a separate hard drive.  I had also saved all of my playlists to m3u files on the same hard drive.  I set MusicBee to be the primary app to open m3u files.  I then clicked on a file and the playlist opened in MusicBee; and least the list of song names did.  They weren't linked to any of the songs, even though the songs are in the MusicBee library.  How do I get the playlists to open in MusicBee and be linked to the songs in the library.  I see how I can locate the songs, one by one, and link them to the names, but, that would be a lot of work.  I assume there is something I am missing.

phred

• Global Moderator
Is the path to the music files the same now as when you created the playlists?

Open up one of the playlists with a text editor (Notepad++) and see what the path to the music files is. If the files are located elsewhere, a simple search and replace (old path to new path) should do the trick. I suggest testing this on one playlist (and make a backup of it first) before you do them all.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here